PDA

View Full Version : Help: Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer

sebastian12
08-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I used Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer with my GG dual action polisher on a gray finishing pad i was able to get the product to go on very thin i waited till it hazed( about 35 mins). I then used a mf towel to buff it off as it was getting dark i decided to turn on my spot lights to see better but what i found was the spots i buffed off alredy looked like i never did i then washed 2 times with dawn to try to get it off and this only helped a little i dont know if this product was defective i just want these marks off of my car! A little help please?

kronos
08-31-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't think you're supposed to let it haze for 45 minutes. The directions say to work it until it hazes, then remove.

rider9195
08-31-2011, 03:36 PM
There is no need to let it haze. It is not a wax or sealant.

sebastian12
08-31-2011, 04:05 PM
that could be why but on the product description it says
Spread the polish across the section in an overlapping motion.
Allow a slight haze to form. Use a clean microfiber towel to buff the surface to a bright shine. and would a light swirl remover remove these marks?

rider9195
08-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Have you tried a quick detailer to remove the hazing?

kronos
08-31-2011, 04:24 PM
It's kind of difficult to see what marks you're referring to (the pics don't really show much), but I'm pretty positive WG PPE does not have the capability to remove what looks like holograms in pic 1.

sebastian12
08-31-2011, 04:28 PM
those are the marks of the product that are their after i used this.

kronos
08-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Can you upload higher quality pics? It's really hard to see what's going on there.

Jons6.7
08-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Any chance on getting some better pic's? Pics look like holograms but you would have to work really hard to cause that with a DA, it could be that you cleaned off the old wax/polish that was hiding these marks and now you can see them.

Some better pic's are about the only way to get good input I am afraid.

Jaws2008
08-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Looks like polish residue still there maby.. I know with the Wolfgang Finishing glaze its easy to remove but you often have to wipe it several times to remove all the residue.. i.e. flip the towel to the other side once or twice and it goes away.

sebastian12
08-31-2011, 05:16 PM
i just did a wipe down with some ipa and it seems to be helping so i will do a second wipedown tonight

DJ Richard
08-31-2011, 05:22 PM
looks like what happened to me. all i did was put a little bit of PPE on a mf towel and then rub it over the trouble spots and it removed the spots. consider it a lesson learned, next time i'm just gonna apply and then remove.

flyinion
08-31-2011, 06:45 PM
I checked out the product page and the instructions look similar to the Pinnacle paint cleanser. Usually when I use that I run the polisher until it starts to dry/haze and then wipe it off. You definitely don't want to let it set. I've heard some products turn into "concrete" and just don't want to come off easily when you let them sit too long and that sounds like what happened here.

embolism
08-31-2011, 10:02 PM
paint cleaners are also meant to be used heavy i.e. you are not looking to put on a thin layer with a black pad the way you would if you were using a wax or sealant.

Use a polishing pad like LC flat whites at speed 5. Follow the same process as if you were polishing the paint but use less passes and not as much pressure. Wipe it off as soon as you are done then move on to the next section.