PDA

View Full Version : Exquisite Vinyl Cleaner, AutoGeek Comparable

rkm
08-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I own a wakeboard boat (2005 Supra Launch 21V) and have noticed that on the wakeboard forums, everyone raves about the "Exquisite" Vinyl Cleaner for Boats. I don't think I've ever seen so many people on the various boating forums agree on anything, as much as they endorse this product.

Because I can only find that product on eBay, I wondered if Autogeek might know what makes this product unique, and if they sell a comparable product? I've searched for the MSDS online to determine the active ingredients, but I cannot locate anything.

Typically I use 303 as a protectant, which I'm very happy with, but their Vinyl cleaning solution does not appear to be as effective as this Exquisite.

Speaking of 303, has anyone tested the new Ducky FMJ product as a protectant? It's a very expensive protectant, about $50 for 16oz. They claim it uses a new technology to create a more impenetrable finish, which sounds scary in most applications, but great for boat vinyl.

Thank you in advance,
RKM

dan_s2k
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM
optimum power clean !!!

Jimmie
08-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Typically I use 303 as a protectant, which I'm very happy with,

Yeah, stick with 303.

BobbyG
08-31-2011, 01:33 PM
I've been using Optimum Power Clean and have to say they hit the nail on this one. Diluting it 3:1, recommended, gives me plenty of cleaning power for any interior surface and no sticky residue once it's dry....:props:

rkm
08-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Awesome suggestions, thanks a million!

I researched Optimum Power Clean on your suggestions, and I have to say it sounds like a perfect alternative. I'll buy it and report back.

Regarding the 303, while we're on the topic of Optimum products...

Is there any advantage, in an outdoor application such as boats, to using the "Optimum Protectant Plus" over 303, or some of the new (and more expensive) cross-linking/permanent bond products such as the FMJ I mentioned above?

Or to put it another way more specific to my situation: If money were no object, protecting vinyl that sat outdoors in Florida sun ... Would you still go with 303?

Don't get me wrong, it's not that money is limitless. Rather, I've just finished re-upholstering my vinyl after 6 years and I believe that no matter how expensive the best protectant might be, it will still cost me less than the time it extends my upholstery!

Thanks again,
RKM

Jimmie
09-01-2011, 12:51 AM
The only thing I have to go on is word of mouth. I have a friend that use to own a white water raft company. He told me that every fall he would treat them with product 'X". In the spring he would go to unroll them and they would be stuck together. He started treating with 303, and no more problems.
I do use 303, and Optimum Protectant Plus on the wife's car. I like them both for those apps.