PDA

View Full Version : Which APC?

Pages : [1] 2

DW C6
08-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Which All Purpose Cleaner do you guys use to clean the dash, door panels, trim and plastic on the interior?

IOMCAMARO
08-29-2011, 04:23 PM
OPC hands down.

rider9195
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
I use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus (APC+) diluted 10:1 when cleaning a dirty interior. And for 14.99 a gallon, it is a great deal.

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103 (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-all-purpose-cleaner-plus-d103.html)

dad07
08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
you will get alot of answers here but these are what i reach for .....APC+ (Megs) and OPC(Optimum).

More so the OPC than the other but I have both just in case.

rider9195
08-29-2011, 04:26 PM
OPC hands down.

Really need to try this stuff as well.

JRivers
08-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I just got the APC+...If I could afford it, I'll love to use OPC. However, Megs APC+is very good (except paint).

Rei86
08-29-2011, 04:50 PM
OPC and APC + are the only two options you have if you're going to buy from AG.

Shane731
08-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Meguiar's APC (the green stuff) is mostly designed for interiors, as it has fabric softeners and optical brighteners in it. It can be used on vinyl, rubber, plastic, cloth, fabric, and leather. It can also be diluted 4:1 or 10:1. Great product. :xyxthumbs:

Da Fats
08-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Meguiar's APC (the green stuff) is mostly designed for interiors, as it has fabric softeners and optical brighteners in it. It can be used on vinyl, rubber, plastic, cloth, fabric, and leather. It can also be diluted 4:1 or 10:1. Great product. :xyxthumbs:

Interesting information... does this also go for APC +

FussMan
08-29-2011, 04:57 PM
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner

Just got it..love it

Fussman

DW C6
08-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone...I ordered the Optimum Opti™Clean Concentrate, I'll you know how I like it.

Ted S.
08-29-2011, 05:01 PM
303 Cleaner is one of the underdogs here. I've used it up to 20:1 on interior trim, and with great results. Never used APC+ or OPC, so no comment or comparison from me.

here is a good 50/50 of 303 Cleaner: (the right side has been cleaned with 303 Cleaner):

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1156/203_2623.JPG

tuscarora dave
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
OPC and APC + are the only two options you have if you're going to buy from AG.
Poorboy’s World Bio-Degradable All Purpose Whitewall Cleaner and Degreaser 128 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/pbapc128.html)

This IMO is some of the most effective APC on the market. I have OPC now but will likely be getting the Poorboy's next time I buy an APC in that price range. OPC works well but I find that it leaves some white residue behind on some vehicles and etches some door jams and wheels. I use some stuff sold elsewhere that cleans tires and wheels way better and it's around $10 a gallon and is completely paint safe but it doesn't do interiors as well as OPC so I'll likely be stocking all 3.

Rsurfer
08-29-2011, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=tuscarora dave;529107] OPC works well but I find that it leaves some white residue behind on some vehicles and etches some door jams and wheels.

Are you using OPC 3:1 ? Regardless, it should not etch your jams and wheels.

tuscarora dave
08-29-2011, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=tuscarora dave;529107] OPC works well but I find that it leaves some white residue behind on some vehicles and etches some door jams and wheels.

Are you using OPC 3:1 ? Regardless, it should not etch your jams and wheels.
I worked on a Saturn the other day and OPC at 3:1 did etch the black stuff on the jams. Not sure how to explain the material that is on the jams on that car other than to say it looks like some sort of black adhesive backed tape type of material and the OPC turned it nearly white and cause me an additional 30 minutes of work to polish it back to black again. I really like the OPC as it does interiors very well but it has left an ashy white residue on a black Range Rover center console, etched the Saturn door jam material and when cleaning the wheels on the last car that I worked on with it, it didn't rinse clean from the wheels with a pressure washer and after driving the car I found that the leftover water had come out onto the wheels as I was driving it and when I got the car home they were etched as well.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me to get a picture of the problems. You can bet that next time it causes me trouble I will get photos of the problem.The stuff seems to be more of a liability than an asset to me. From now on the OPC is for interiors only so long as it isn't black interior. I simply can't trust the stuff not to cause problems.