PDA

View Full Version : Direction of Rotation

BlackCoupe
04-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Anybody know why sometimes the PC rotates clockwise, and sometimes it rotates counter-clockwise? And no, it has nothing to do with which side of the equator I am on.

ScottB
05-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Anybody know why sometimes the PC rotates clockwise, and sometimes it rotates counter-clockwise? And no, it has nothing to do with which side of the equator I am on.

I believe that has to do with the "random" in random orbital. But I can tell you sometimes your eyes seem to play tricks and it seems like it is turning a different direction, when it rotates off axis.

BlackCoupe
05-01-2006, 06:03 PM
I believe that has to do with the "random" in random orbital. But I can tell you sometimes your eyes seem to play tricks and it seems like it is turning a different direction, when it rotates off axis.
I am pretty good about following it, because for the longest time I couldn't get the results eveyone else was, because it just seemed to have such a wimpy rotation. Now I have rotation, pressure, armspeed, path coverage, amount of product, size of area to be worked, no saturation, etc. under control. I have my backing plate marked, and will touch it with my finger to verify. But I pretty much have it down to enough pressure to where it rotates at about 1 rotation per second. So I would have to be way off to have it flying so fast that appeared to be going backward. Honest! But I could be wrong http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

ScottB
05-01-2006, 06:09 PM
I am pretty good about following it, because for the longest time I couldn't get the results eveyone else was, because it just seemed to have such a wimpy rotation. Now I have rotation, pressure, armspeed, path coverage, amount of product, size of area to be worked, no saturation, etc. under control. I have my backing plate marked, and will touch it with my finger to verify. But I pretty much have it down to enough pressure to where it rotates at about 1 rotation per second. So I would have to be way off to have it flying so fast that appeared to be going backward. Honest! But I could be wrong http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

you are much more dedicated than I in that. Im just gonna use the thing at full speed till it dies, and then replace with another. http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/washwax.gif

MikeyC
05-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Huh? I always watch my pad because if you press too hard on the machine then the pad only jiggles instead of rotating and jiggling. My pad always rotates in the same direction.

easyrider13
05-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Huh? I always watch my pad because if you press too hard on the machine then the pad only jiggles instead of rotating and jiggling. My pad always rotates in the same direction.

Mine too.

Meghan
05-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Mine too.
Me three! :o

FloridaNative
05-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the model? What model PC do you have? I know they say that the 7424 and the 7336 are the same except for the counter weight but maybe there is a difference in the rotation as well?? Just wondering aloud.

Mike T
05-02-2006, 01:46 PM
It could be the same concept as with rims and such. When they are rotating so quickly it creates the illusion that they are changing direction.

ScottB
05-02-2006, 05:44 PM
It could be the same concept as with rims and such. When they are rotating so quickly it creates the illusion that they are changing direction.

thats what I was thinking, and originally posted. But if they marked the backing plate, well then thats an easy reference point.

BlackCoupe
05-03-2006, 09:01 PM
thats what I was thinking, and originally posted. But if they marked the backing plate, well then thats an easy reference point.

It definitely runs counterclockwise, depending on pad, and possibly other things.