PDA

View Full Version : Which shampoo?

Pages : [1] 2

nava222
08-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi, I will soon run out of my current Optimum car wash and i'm thinking of the Dodo juice BTBM or the Pinnacle bodywork shampoo to try next.
Which one do you guys prefers? Is there better shampoo anyone suggest or recommend?
Thanks.

CEE DOG
08-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus

rider9195
08-29-2011, 10:43 AM
I have heard good things about BTBM.. Here is a review- http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/37679-review-born-mild-car-shampoo.html

Have you considered a rinseless wash like ONR or DP Rinseless?

galaxy
08-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Just recently ended up in the same situation...I just finished up a 1/2 gallon of the Pinncale and was looking to refill. Well, my dad is a huge XMT fan, so he got me looking into it. The XMT 1/2 gallon is 1/2 the price of the Pinnacle.

If you really want the Pinnalce, it's awesome. Very great stuff and you won't be dissapointed. But I got to test drive some XMT this weekend and I can tell you at 1/2 the price, it is NOT 1/2 the product. Other than a better smell, I couldn't distuinguish anything to justify the price of the Pinnacle. So, I placed my $200+ order last night before the 15% labor day sale ended and got the XMT!

I know I'm only limiting myself, but there's just toooo much out there to choose from...I can't take it, LOL. So because of that, I stick within a few brands just to keep my life simpler.

nava222
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks cee dog, i already have that in my cart. Is that the only UPGW bottle I can at AG? Do you prefer UPGW over the two i mentioned? :)

nava222
08-29-2011, 10:57 AM
I have heard good things about BTBM.. Here is a review- http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/37679-review-born-mild-car-shampoo.html

Have you considered a rinseless wash like ONR or DP Rinseless?

Thanks Rider9195, I used ONR for almost a year and i love it!!!

FussMan
08-29-2011, 11:01 AM
I never believed in the "expensive car shampoo" is better theory; that used to be a theory with hair shampoo until the big name glamour magazines proved that SUAVE SHAMPOO is just as good for 90% less that the big names.

The clever marketing for Car Wash Soap is so hyped where it’s now being called "Car Shampoo with Conditioners"

I used Meguires Gold Class, I bought it OTC at Coscto. Spend your money on something that stay's on your car and not on something you rinse off...IMO

Fussman

nava222
08-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Just recently ended up in the same situation...I just finished up a 1/2 gallon of the Pinncale and was looking to refill. Well, my dad is a huge XMT fan, so he got me looking into it. The XMT 1/2 gallon is 1/2 the price of the Pinnacle.

If you really want the Pinnalce, it's awesome. Very great stuff and you won't be dissapointed. But I got to test drive some XMT this weekend and I can tell you at 1/2 the price, it is NOT 1/2 the product. Other than a better smell, I couldn't distuinguish anything to justify the price of the Pinnacle. So, I placed my $200+ order last night before the 15% labor day sale ended and got the XMT!

I know I'm only limiting myself, but there's just toooo much out there to choose from...I can't take it, LOL. So because of that, I stick within a few brands just to keep my life simpler.

:) Thank you for your reply.

05xrunner
08-29-2011, 11:05 AM
i really like Duragloos 901..its cheap at only 4.99 for a bottle..but I got a free 32oz bottle of Black Fire shampoo..I like that stuff alot..it cleans well and leaves a nice bit of protection on the paint after rinsing.

nava222
08-29-2011, 11:07 AM
I never believed in the "expensive car shampoo" is better theory; that used to be a theory with hair shampoo until the big name glamour magazines proved that SUAVE SHAMPOO is just as good for 90% less that the big names.

The clever marketing for Car Wash Soap is so hyped where it’s now being called "Car Shampoo with Conditioners"

I used Meguires Gold Class, I bought it OTC at Coscto. Spend your money on something that stay's on your car and not on something you rinse off...IMO

Fussman

My Meguires Gold Class still 3/4 left, i just want to try something new, thanks for your adivice :xyxthumbs:

nava222
08-29-2011, 11:10 AM
i really like Duragloos 901..its cheap at only 4.99 for a bottle..but I got a free 32oz bottle of Black Fire shampoo..I like that stuff alot..it cleans well and leaves a nice bit of protection on the paint after rinsing.

I'm definitely gonna try the 901 one day after all the talk about it. :)

Ted S.
08-29-2011, 12:05 PM
BTBM is a great car wash. Takes about 0.6 oz. for every 3 gallons, if I remember correctly. The 800:1 dillution offsets the crazy price. Smells nice, and rinses clean. Best lubricants of any wash I've used to date.:dblthumb2:

I still need to try Pinnacle, Optimum, and Ultima, and a few others.

newb001
08-29-2011, 01:13 PM
This might help: Best/Your Favorite Car Wash Soap (poll 5146183) | Polldaddy.com (http://poll.fm/32atj)

Dr Oldz
08-29-2011, 01:53 PM
The pinnacle is way overpriced and not my favorite. BTBM is king! Optimum and Ultima are very great choices also. Dodo Sour Power is also very nice if you are looking to boost the gloss.

CEE DOG
08-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks cee dog, i already have that in my cart. Is that the only UPGW bottle I can at AG? Do you prefer UPGW over the two i mentioned? :)

Yes, Ultima is my favorite car wash. Theres something very special about Optimum and DJ sour power is awesome if you want gloss enhancement. Duragloss is also good and the one you mentioned (DJ BTBM) is also excellent and in my top 4.

Fussman

One of the many reasons Ultima is my favorite... Its already priced great per wash and I always buy it on BoGo.
That makes Ultima priced a good deal less than Megs Gold Class.