PDA

View Full Version : Zymol HD- Cleanse review

CalgaryDetail
02-03-2007, 11:41 AM
So i was looking over some old posts and relized people has some intrested in hd-cleasne.
I did this review for another forum and orginaly was not going to put it on AGO as it is not a sponsered product. However i decided other wise.

The following is a direct quote iof the reviw.

So i havent been on here a while (i know i started the last thread the same way).
Today I did the eclipse. i decided that i would give zymol HD-cleanse a shot. So here is a review of what I thought.

Product: Zymol HD-Cleanse

Size: 8 OZ bottle

Price: $24 US thats 3 bucks an oz.

Directions per zymol: (paraphrased). Wash the car, clean off any loose dirt. Then you apply using firm to heavy pressure. Let sit for 20 seconds.

How I used it: as they said on the directions, i havent experimented enough to try it anyother way

Initial thoughts: Dang this is expensive but I have heard its good. I wanted to try a few diffrent cleansing products so I can leave zymol out. I have been impressed up to this point so why not

Smell: It smelled like choclate.. it was kinda weird. I honestly loved it at the beggining but it got old fast. But hey i can deal with a lot worse so no biggie

Texture/colour: It was a brown creamy liquid. Kinda like a sun screen texture

So i used it and this is what I thought

Cleaning ability: it worked well, it seamed to leave the paint nice and smooth and soft. It cleaned off anything the clay missed

Added depth: the cleanser left the paint really deep. Similar to the lite cleanse by VW. I dont know how to explain it but it seemed to make the paint look as though it was a mile deep. It also left the paint nice and shiny, it was like I applied a coat of wax.

After I applied the wax it only got better.

Final thoughts: This product seemed to do the same thing as Victoria wax Lite cleanse (i think that was what LC was supposted to be like). It added depth and clarity, ad well as helped clean the paint. I dont know how to explain it.

Would I buy it again? no probably not. It worked awsome but the VW stuff works exaclty the same but is cheaper. And i like cheaper.. (lite cleanse is 16.05 CDN for 8oz).

I liked it but its too expensive..

I know this review was kinda crappy but im outa practice. Its been a while. Ill have to get my flow back..

Any comments or questions would be awsome

Mike

ScottB
02-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (http://www.autogeek.net/pinpainclean.html)and P21S GEPC (http://www.autogeek.net/p2paincleanl.html)will provide the same or better results, usually less expensive, and provided in bigger bottles. The choice is clear in my mind .... and actually you could toss Klasse AIO into the equation. Sure it adds some acrylic paint protection, but a darn nice chemical based paint cleaner.

CalgaryDetail
02-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and P21S GEPC will provide the same or better results, usually less expensive, and provided in bigger bottles. The choice is clear in my mind ....
I have both of those lotions waiting to be used. I will de a review on them as well. Im thinking there are many products that work just as well as hd-cleanse for a fraction of the cost but we will see. I will have to find some time (and weather. it was -12C when i woke up). to compare them

the one i really look forward to using is p21s. the reason is that it comes in 5 litre containers and i go through alot of cleaning lotion. Right now my number once pick is still VW

supercharged
02-04-2007, 05:41 AM
Zymol is way too expensive. I will personally take Pinnacle over Zymol anytime.

ScottB
02-04-2007, 12:31 PM
And thats why I find it so amusing. It seems some really "see" a big difference because they paid so much more for it, or it was "limited" and special. Its hype ... its "hoping" you got what you paid for, and in some cases you do, but sometimes you dont. With Zymol (at least up to the 500.00 level) I have NEVER found it to be anything special that didnt have an equal or better choice at a lower price point.

abrcrombe
02-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Nice review... do you happen to have pics?!

CalgaryDetail
02-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Nice review... do you happen to have pics?!

thnkx. The only pics i have are of the eclipse that i detailed.. if you search it wou will find it. But i dont have pics of just after the cleanser sorry

Nuke33
02-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Nice review need to see some pics hehe