PDA

View Full Version : 2 Tone Leather Seat Re-Dye Leatherique?

courtdale
08-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Once I get my exterior in order, I'm contemplating an interior project - leather redye.

Looking at Leatherique's products and contemplating a 2 tone project on the doors and front seats. The doors are easy enough as all of the parts can be separated for dyeing the 2 different colors. The seats on the other hand could be a problem. I'd assume masking off sections with tape would be the way to go, but I'm skeptical as I've never tried before.

Has anyone ever attempted anything like this? I have Tan BMW interior that I don't like so I wanted to try and add some black to it. If the two tone is too much of a headache, I'll just go tan, but hoping to work this out.

Searched the site, and I found a lot of Leatherique posts, but all had to do with their resto/rejuve products, not redyes.

ryankokesh
08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
I can't imagine that you'd get the results you're looking for taping off the seats. You could still go two-tone with only one color for the seats, right?

If you haven't seen them yet, there are quite a few bmw specific redye DIY's floating around the major bmw forums. Maybe the people that have already done it would have a better answer than I can give you!

courtdale
08-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Yep, I've seen them, they were my inspiration. And one is a sharp 2 tone black and tan, but with just a solid tan redo on the seats and a two tone on the doors. I was hoping 2 tone seats might be a possibility, but I am worried that it won't be possible to do quality work on areas that you can't separate and work with individually, like you said.