PDA

View Full Version : New Seat Material??

NoBread
08-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Sorry in advance if there is something wrote about this but i have not seen anything, i even called auto geek friday and the guy was like huh??. Cleaning the new style material on car seats. I have seen it in Chrysler add now a gm van. And it water spots like mad so even if you do steam clean, and it dries the spots come back. So i thought i would tell you what i did. I did steam clean and the speed dry with a floor fan. I have been a capet cleaner for years as well and used a anti browning agent spayed on a rag and wiped the seats down and again speed dry and tada. Also i do not know the name of this newer material, and heck might look like a dork but thought i would throw it out there in case anyone had problems or maybe have a better trick????

JonMiles
08-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Are you talking about that "yes essentials" stain resistant fabric they started putting in chrysler vehicles as an option in 2007?

shoeless89
08-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I know exactly what you mean about the spots won't go away. I have no idea why

NoBread
08-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Another trick i learned from another guy was spray foam carpet cleaner, according to this guy he say the material will look better with the least moisture as possible. And yes jon that is exactly what i am talking about except i saw it in a gm van this week doing a detail. I looked in the van and was like great, this stuff again.