PDA

View Full Version : New Guy in Small Town, Indiana

BlantonDetail
08-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi! I'm Tony, and I live in a small town in Southern Indiana, 2 hours from any city. My dad has detailed for 47 years and I'm finally branching out on my own.

I've been lurking here for about a month now, and have started posting a little :-) There's so much awesome knowledge and experience that is shared on this forum, and I've already learned quite a bit! I hope I can share some things and ideas that may help other people too.
I tend to be a little long-winded, so I'm sorry if I lose anybody's attention in my posts. I'll try to keep them scaled back.
I'm hoping to get a DA polisher soon, and learn how to do all the great things one can do with those. Looking at either the GG6 or G110v2.

I little more about me: I'm 27, been married for almost two years. I work full-time as a Service Writer at a GM dealership through the week, at a radio station Sunday mornings as a DJ and board operator, and I'm detailing anytime I can get business.
I lived in Indianapolis, Tampa, San Antonio, and Austin TX within about 6 years, but moved back here about 3 years ago. I've worked in several completely different fields, including College admissions & Financial Aid, telemarketing, radio, and of course detailing.
Right now the owner/manager at the dealership I work at, is letting me use his wash bay on Saturdays to detail. (small place-2 sales guys, 3 mechanics) That doesn't leave much time though. It's only between 7:30a-2pm. I don't have a garage of my own, and I'm trying to find someone currently to rent from either monthly, or per use. Since the wife just started a full-time job (finally) I hope to rent a house or apartment with a garage, so I can detail after work through the week too.
I love music, and play several instruments, including guitar, drums, keyboards, banjo, and mandolin.

If you're still with me on this post, or you just skipped to the end, thanks for reading and all the great advice that's already on here.
I'm very humbled by this forum, and can't wait to exchange posts with you all!
Tony :righton:

budinsc
08-28-2011, 10:58 AM
welcome aboard tony! youll love our group and all the info you can get.

budinsc

IOMCAMARO
08-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Welcome to AG from another Southern Indiana member. :props:

BobbyG
08-28-2011, 11:19 AM
:welcome:To Autogeek Online Tony! :props:

That was a great introduction and thank you for signing up!

Autogeek is a pretty neat place to hang around. There's a ton of information to read and almost as many products to choose from that will make your car shine!

Having a place to do some detailing is a huge plus and the owner must be an alright guy to offer it to you.

Never be afraid to ask even the most fundamental questions as the only stupid question is the one that's not asked...

dad07
08-28-2011, 11:23 AM
:welcome: To AGO Tony! Glad to have you with us!

Belair
08-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the forum.

BlantonDetail
08-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!

Welcome to AG from another Southern Indiana member. :props:

IOMCAMARO, where abouts are you? I'm in Lawrence County.
Is this your profession, side-job, or just a hobby(or passion) for you?

Tony

HotRodJoe
08-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I was born in a small town (Indiana), as the song goes, too. ;)

Welcome!

FUNX650
08-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi Tony and :welcome: to the AGO forum!

I was at Nashville, Indiana yesterday (08.27.2011) for a car show held at the Salt Creek Golf Resort.....first time in that area of Indiana......enjoyed the beautiful country-side on a beautiful day. :)

Bob

IOMCAMARO
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!

IOMCAMARO, where abouts are you? I'm in Lawrence County.
Is this your profession, side-job, or just a hobby(or passion) for you?

Tony

I'm in Dearborn County. Detailing is a side-job/hobby for me.

BlantonDetail
08-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi Tony and :welcome: to the AGO forum!

I was at Nashville, Indiana yesterday (08.27.2011) for a car show held at the Salt Creek Golf Resort.....first time in that area of Indiana......enjoyed the beautiful country-side on a beautiful day. :)

Bob

It has been such a beautiful weekend here!

Flash Gordon
08-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Welcome from Memphis

Mike Phillips
08-29-2011, 07:42 AM
What a great intro! You sound like a really busy guy... they always say, if you want something done give the project to a busy guy...

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

:welcome:

Tom Weed
08-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Welcome neighbor, Bloomington here, and what an awesome weekend it was indeed!

Tom