PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice Hard Candy?

WRAPT C5Z06
08-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Does it look good on all colors? Buttery texture?

PA DETAILER
08-28-2011, 05:54 AM
have not used the hard candy mark, but here is a chart with what looks best.

About Dodo Juice Waxes, carnauba car waxes, Dodo Juice carnauba wax, dodojuice, dodo wax, supernatural wax, rainforest rub, orange crush wax (http://www.autogeek.net/about-dodo-juice-wax.html)

Cat ji
08-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Mark, find the dodojuice forum thread started by one of the dodojuice guys. It explains it all very well.

His tests, layering on a white panel, did show a difference, but very minor.

The way I see it...on a white or very light-coloured car, you might prefer to use one of the waxes based on white carnauba rather than yellow carnauba.
Decide on hard wax (which were reformulated to be more buttery) or soft wax which is oilier. Then decide which oil and wax you fancy - orange oil, banana oil, coconut oil...candellila wax or the wax produced from coal.

CaneCharger
08-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Here ya go:

DODO JUICE FORUMS :: View topic - Colour Charging 2... no hype, no BS, just the TEST RESULTS (http://www.dodojuice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2011)

thedodo
08-28-2011, 12:19 PM
as above - notice that the Hard Candy (hard wax - foam applicator) and the Rainforest Rub (soft wax - finger applied) are not colour-charged like the rest. however, the colour is slight as the thread shows.
with the colour-charged waxes you get more formulation to subtly enhance the light, warm or dark (again as above) by use of the ingredients and colour of the waxes.
and as always, you can use any wax on any colour - only if you want to get that little bit extra can you experiment with the colour to colour-charge.

p.s. Hard Candy has some remarkable effect on dark grey which i am still trying to figure out, it is for all intensive explanations - inexplicable 8)

ScottB
08-28-2011, 05:40 PM
its rather attractive on alot of metallics ..

WRAPT C5Z06
08-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks everyone. :thumbs:

Dr Oldz
08-28-2011, 06:00 PM
I think it looks grear on all colors! A truly great nuba!

WRAPT C5Z06
08-28-2011, 07:13 PM
as above - notice that the Hard Candy (hard wax - foam applicator) and the Rainforest Rub (soft wax - finger applied) are not colour-charged like the rest. however, the colour is slight as the thread shows.
with the colour-charged waxes you get more formulation to subtly enhance the light, warm or dark (again as above) by use of the ingredients and colour of the waxes.
and as always, you can use any wax on any colour - only if you want to get that little bit extra can you experiment with the colour to colour-charge.

p.s. Hard Candy has some remarkable effect on dark grey which i am still trying to figure out, it is for all intensive explanations - inexplicable 8)
In your tests, wouldn't it not be good to recommended RR for all colors considering it leaves a greenish tint?

Also, would SN hybrid be a good wax for all colors?

Belair
08-28-2011, 08:37 PM
This is an informative thread with an eye-opening link to the test results. Thanks.

rwright
08-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Mark, the Hard Candy should go out tomorrow.

FUNX650
08-28-2011, 11:05 PM
BC/CC Paint Systems:

-I thought the purpose of the prep work (washing, cleaning, claying, de-contamination, compounding, polishing) was to try to eliminate as many blemishes on/under the clear-coat paint film's surface as feasibly possible....thereby creating a clear-coat that will be more "smoothed-out", as it were, and be optically clear and at its best in allowing the base-coat's "color" to shine through and be at its height in reflectiveness.

-For protecting that properly prepped clear-coat, adding an LSP
is always recommended. I am an adherent to that recommendation.

-In order to not obscure that most optically clear, prepped clear-coat, an LSP, that when it has cured, by the same suit, should be as optically clear as possible, IMHO.

-Waxes, as they start deteriorating, (some at a faster rate than others), will begin to gray and occlude the paint film's surface (in this case the clear-coat's). Those same "colors" (dyes) that are in a "colored wax", it seems to reason, will also deteriorate...creating even more occlusion (cloudiness) to a clear-coat paint's film surface.

-With paint manufacturers supplying thousands of different shades, tints, hues of the color spectrum...each one probably has at least 100 different whites, blacks, blues...
How is it possible that only a dozen or so "colors" for "colored waxes" are offered and by only a few wax 'companies'?? If "colored waxes" were a such a good thing, I believe many more wax 'companies' would be touting their own "colored" products.

What I've asked myself anytime I see or hear about "colored waxes" is this:

After all, can you actually "dye" (color) the clear-coat paint film by applying a "colored wax"??

SS Paint Systems:

IMO...Using "colored waxes" is the lazy man's way of trying to temporarily cover-up/fill-in blemishes. The next rain or wash/cleaning session is usually a revelation, though. :(

Once again I find that I'm asking myself these questions......(you may or may not) :)

1."Colored Waxes": Are they 'true'; a 'myth'; a 'gimmick'!!??

2. Can I have faith in, and spend my hard-earned money with, any 'companies' that offer "colored waxes" and the promises that purportedly goes with them? Or, any other products they may offer up for sale?

Bob

john b
08-28-2011, 11:27 PM
how does the dodo hard waxes work with a da?never had a dodo wax yet,thats why i ask

HighEndDetail
08-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Here is Dodo hard candy on a Audi RS6. with over 530hp at the wheels

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/15818-audi-rs6-w-dodo.html

Dr Oldz
08-29-2011, 02:47 AM
how does the dodo hard waxes work with a da?never had a dodo wax yet,thats why i ask

Its how I use their hard waxes....two panels then remove. Don't let it sit too long or removal becomes difficult.