PDA

View Full Version : "Urgent" ONR QD ratio after polishing?

flyinion
08-27-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't have any IP alcohol, I'm wondering if I can use ONR at QD ratio to remove dust/residue from WG TSR before I put down the DGPS? Is there anything in the ONR that would affect the DGPS? If so, what about just using water? I'm finishing up the last 1/4 of my car now (i.e. just starting it) and need to know how to go about cleaning it up before sealing so I don't affect the sealant bonding.

OvertimeDetail
08-27-2011, 08:29 PM
ONR won't cleanse the paint for protection. You can use something like chemical guy's ez glaze to cleanse the paint to help wax to bond better. or re-wash it with car soap that doesn't add any protection. like Chemical guys citrus or Megs hype wash.

flyinion
08-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Eh don't have anything like the chemical guy's stuff. Can't really re-wash as the wash stuff is still dirty from prep last night. Kinda hoping I could use something onhand like ONR QD, plain water, or maybe water/vinegar mix. The TSR is water based not oil based so I don't think it needs a strong cleaner. I'm just trying to get remnants of TSR dust and tape residue off. I just need to make sure it won't interfere with the DGPS.