PDA

View Full Version : Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

runrun411
01-08-2015, 10:19 AM
If 845 is hard to buff off, then you are using it wrong. Possibly / probably using too much.

Even when laid too thick 845 is still very forgiving. Lay down too much 476s or 915 and you are in for a real bad day. Actually 476s taught me a lot about using the proper amounts - it comes off just fine when done right. All 3 are awesome products IMHO.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that once you protect with 845 it leaves such a great layer of protection that it's on the surface and stays there. Your right, 845 is one of the easiest products to remove after application.

Kevin845
01-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Collinite 845 is the best and inexpensive. One tip I use to keep it liquid is to wrap a heating pad around the bottle. Just remember to shake the bottle before each use.

hudson2302
03-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Would it be overkill to layer 476 on top of 845. Is it even advisable....or am I in for a gigantic mess?

BillyJack
03-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Would it be overkill to layer 476 on top of 845. Is it even advisable....or am I in for a gigantic mess?

No problem, as long as you keep your coats thin. Over the past few years, I've layered just about every Colli combo possible with 845, 476 and 915 for my winter preps. Any way you mix 'em it works fine and adds longevity to the protection.

Bill

makima
03-08-2015, 01:55 PM
my collinite 845 is always in its liquid form (at the top almost a layer of transparent liquid) and i do remember that at first it was more thick.

should i store it in a cooler place, say basement?

Loonysup
03-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Ok so I did my due diligence and read through 22 pages of posts about the wonders of Collinite and I'm ready to drink the koolaid but I have a couple questions before placing my order.

I will be using this primarily on a 2015 Silver Mustang and pearl white Nissan Pathfinder. Currently both cars have excellent paint and both were glazed with CG Blacklight, Sealed with CG Jet seal and then topped with CG butter wet wax (totally prepared for the CG flaming to begin).

Soooo....
1. What would you buy to prep the vehicles? I was either going to go with the recommended Pinnacle pre wax cleaner or Collinite's pre wax cleaner.

2. Would you recommend two coats of 845 or one coat of 845 followed by a coat of 915? I've seen a lot of posts about this combo being amazing on black or darker vehicles. Wasn't too sure how it would do on white or silver.

Thank you all for any feedback you can provide.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
03-08-2015, 02:32 PM
@Loonysup (David)...

IMO:
It's a distinct possibility that...before you proceed to go the Collinite route...You may need to wait until the effects, from your drinking "The Other's-Koolaid, have been fully flushed from your system.

Bob

tpr1634
03-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Ok so I did my due diligence and read through 22 pages of posts about the wonders of Collinite and I'm ready to drink the koolaid but I have a couple questions before placing my order.

I will be using this primarily on a 2015 Silver Mustang and pearl white Nissan Pathfinder. Currently both cars have excellent paint and both were glazed with CG Blacklight, Sealed with CG Jet seal and then topped with CG butter wet wax (totally prepared for the CG flaming to begin).

Soooo....
1. What would you buy to prep the vehicles? I was either going to go with the recommended Pinnacle pre wax cleaner or Collinite's pre wax cleaner.

2. Would you recommend two coats of 845 or one coat of 845 followed by a coat of 915? I've seen a lot of posts about this combo being amazing on black or darker vehicles. Wasn't too sure how it would do on white or silver.

Thank you all for any feedback you can provide.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flame on, I also used above mentioned products I also took a while to try collinite well needless to say above mention products are no longer needed. I usually do 2 coats of 845 and I am good for months. As far as prep my spring detail will consist of strip wax that is left, iron x and clay or should I say nanoskin fine wash mitt. I use Wolfgang finishing glaze which is a light polish that being said my tuxedo black is in pristine condition. Topped with you guessed it 845, last step is to stare and enjoy a beer.

f86sabjf
03-15-2015, 04:26 PM
I have to say Thanks to Nick for such a great write up . I tried the 845 today and laid down 2 coats of it on a 2014 F150 supercrew. Came out great . I'm looking for more longevity and hopefully I found it.

MarkD51
03-15-2015, 04:59 PM
I have to say Thanks to Nick for such a great write up . I tried the 845 today and laid down 2 coats of it on a 2014 F150 supercrew. Came out great . I'm looking for more longevity and hopefully I found it.

Of course nothing lasts forever.

Hard to say how to judge any product, wax, sealant, coating.

My rule of thumb is "Replenish before you think you need it".

If you're a person who dumps a vehicle on a 2-3 year lease, or likes trading up every three years, then buy turtle wax, the cheapest garbage you can find from Wally World.

Hit it every month, and the garbage will be just about as good as the most durable. In such a scenario, you gotta figure, "who cares"!

tpr1634
03-15-2015, 05:37 PM

Welcome my f150 brother, 845 looks great on my tux black.

BlackHawk1
03-15-2015, 09:43 PM

In October of 2014 I washed my car, clayed it, used a paint cleaner, and then put on one coat of Collinite. It's still beading a 7 on a scale of 1-10 and this is in the nasty northeast. It lasts a long time no matter what the prep is, but will last even longer if you do something similar to what I did. I used Collinite when I was a kid and have tried many other products since that time and I keep going back to it. Not sure why I have even bothered with the others.

Britsdaddy
03-15-2015, 11:38 PM
In October of 2014 I washed my car, clayed it, used a paint cleaner, and then put on one coat of Collinite. It's still beading a 7 on a scale of 1-10 and this is in the nasty northeast. It lasts a long time no matter what the prep is, but will last even longer if you do something similar to what I did. I used Collinite when I was a kid and have tried many other products since that time and I keep going back to it. Not sure why I have even bothered with the others.

Huh, I did just about the same thing at the same time except I had Powerlock on the truck first. The only thing that is still beading is the top third of the hood. The lower body panels are all get gone. I'm guessing that it's just from how bad of a winter we had this year (I'm in western New York). Normally I apply 2 coats of 845, which I did last fall, and I'm good all winter. I guess the year we broke every weather record 845 meet it's match.

BlackHawk1
03-16-2015, 12:46 AM
Huh, I did just about the same thing at the same time except I had Powerlock on the truck first. The only thing that is still beading is the top third of the hood. The lower body panels are all get gone. I'm guessing that it's just from how bad of a winter we had this year (I'm in western New York). Normally I apply 2 coats of 845, which I did last fall, and I'm good all winter. I guess the year we broke every weather record 845 meet it's match.

Maybe skip the Menzerna next time. I don't know what to tell you, but mine is still going strong. The car is a daily driver that's in the garage when not in use so that could be a factor. I did run it through a touchless wash 3 times since October. I try not to do that until I have to... when I see there's a lot of salt on the paint.

PA DETAILER
03-16-2015, 01:11 PM

The results of 845 today. :xyxthumbs: