PDA

View Full Version : CR Spotless showing spots

IID
08-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Well I have did about 20 rinses (hard water) with the CR Spotless (DIC-20)I picked up from AG awhile ago and today I had hard water spots.Looks like it's time to change out the resin.
The question I had was,do you just empty the old resin and refill with the new resin?
CR Spotless Replacement Resin, deionization resin, di system resin (http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-replacement-resin-300.html)

Dubbin1
08-27-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't have the CR spotless but all I do with my DI system is empty it, rinse it out and refill it.

IID
08-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't have the CR spotless but all I do with my DI system is empty it, rinse it out and refill it.

Thank You D,that's all I was looking for :xyxthumbs:

bigaizsosexy
08-28-2011, 12:37 AM
mind me asking where I could look for a good DI system ?

Jimmie
08-28-2011, 12:48 AM
I shouldn't even reply to this because I absolutely don't have or know a thing about these. The reason I am is I thought the resin was pretty expensive. Just seems like you should get more than 20 rinses if the cost is what I've heard.

oldmodman
08-28-2011, 02:18 AM
It is expensive. But it's worth it.

But there is something you can do to improve the life.
Use a "pre filter" I have a filter that is about a quarter the size of the big CR tubes. And I hook it up before the CR filters. I change the resin media in it every third to fifth rinse (I don't use the CR filtered water for the wash, just the final rinse"

And I am still looking for an industrial source for the resin media. But I may have to buy a 55 gallon cardboard drum to get it any cheaper. And that's just ridiculous, even for me (the biggest cheapskate on here).

silverfox
08-28-2011, 04:29 AM
Use DoDo juice supernatural shampoo or add ONR to any other wash or use ONR full strength alone, and water spots will be a thing of the past. Another trick when washing is to wash the entire car before rinsing anything off.