PDA

View Full Version : M105 help - 2002 BMW

CaneCharger
08-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Might be doing my coaches wife's car - 2002 Black BMW - has scratches, swirls, all of the above.

My question is - what pads should I use? Cyan?
Then M205 with a Tangerine?

Then #845 with the Crimson?

How does that sound?

Also, any other wax you might suggest? I have a sample of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax I could use?

Kurt_s
08-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Try test spots with different combinations. Try M105 with the Tangerine first before going to the Cyan. I might be wrong but I don't think the M205 will be aggressive enough with either pad to remove swirls. I don't have enough experience with M205 as I usually use the Optimum line of polishes instead. Keep your sections to 18" squares if you can, as correction is faster.

I personally don't like IPA with black and M105. Either ONR or Megs Final Inspection seem to work better for me.

I use a PCXP and run 5-6 for correction with 5.5" pads.

The 845 should be a fine choice, just apply a thin coating to keep it easy to remove after hazing.

Fuzion is very nice on Black. Yesterday's $25 price for the sample during Ivan's sales would have been a good chance to try it.

Might be doing my coaches wife's car - 2002 Black BMW - has scratches, swirls, all of the above.

How does that sound?

Also, any other wax you might suggest? I have a sample of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax I could use?

truckbutt
08-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi. On my black Mustang I use:
1. M105 as needed on a light orange LC pad.
2. M205 on a white LC pad
2a. Optional: Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze/Chemical Guys Acrylic Glaze/Wet Glaze 2.0 on a black LC pad.
3. Megs Gold Class Carnauba Plus or BFWD on a black LC pad.
While I've read that the Collinite 845 is very durable, I've read mixed reviews on its depth/slickness. I like my black wet and slick so I'll stick with the above. As for my silver Jeep I plan on putting on some 845 before the winter over M21 that's on there now.
When working with the M105 keep a spray bottle of distilled water to mist it if you get a lot of dusting. I agree with the comment above to avoid using IPA on black. A number of people have recommended against using it on black.

BobbyG
08-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Jeff,

The Cyan is the most aggressive. Try the Tangerine with Meguiar's M105 and gauge your progress. This "may" be aggressive enough but if not switch to the Cyan.

Meguiar's M205 should work well with the Tangerine and don't be afraid to try it with the Crimson for less cut.

Crimson will also work nicely with Collinite 845.. Also use it with Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax.

kronos
08-27-2011, 06:31 PM

How does that sound?

Unless I did something wrong, I noticed micro-marring with M205 and a tangerine pad on jet black BMW paint.

truckbutt
08-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Unless I did something wrong, I noticed micro-marring with M205 and a tangerine pad on jet black BMW paint.
I use M205 all the time on a white polishing pad with excellent results. Just to state the obvious, it's important to either change pads often or wash them with a pad washer often to get the best results.