PDA

View Full Version : I thought Poorboy's Spray and Wipe contains no gloss enhancers or protection?

WRAPT C5Z06
08-27-2011, 02:02 PM
I used Griot's paint prep to remove the LSP on my car. After I rinsed, there was no sign of protection. I decided to test Poorboy's Spray and Wipe. I clayed my hood real quickly with spray and wipe as a lube. I didn't wipe off, I just rinsed with my pressure washer. After rinsing, there was very noticeable water beading! Much more than after Griot's Paint Prep. :confused:

Pats300zx
08-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Mark I am pretty sure that it has some protection in it. I have always noticed increased slickness with S and W after using it. How to do you like the Griots Paint Prep? I just ordered some.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Mark I am pretty sure that it has some protection in it. I have always noticed increased slickness with S and W after using it. How to do you like the Griots Paint Prep? I just ordered some.
Hey Pat,

I could have swore Pockets told me P&B Spray and Wipe has zero gloss enhancers or protection. Are you thinking of PB's Spray and Gloss as far as slickness?

I really like Griot's Paint Prep. Very easy to use and strips LSP's nicely. :dblthumb2:

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2011, 03:02 PM
S&W has to have some lubricants in it, probably more than a QD, since it's a waterless wash. I'm sure that's what you're seeing.

Dubbin1
08-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Just making it nice and smooth from they clay can give you the beading you are seeing.

Kurt_s
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Mark,

I would bet that there is some combination of surfactant and hydrophilic polymer that lays down a temporary surface coating that repels water. I would not necessary offer any protection.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Just making it nice and smooth from they clay can give you the beading you are seeing.
I actually used the Hi-Tech clay block, D. I like it. :dblthumb2:

Larry A
08-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Ive used PB Spray n Wipe and to me it does increase gloss and slickness.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-27-2011, 08:55 PM
It will be interesting what pockets@poorboys has to say.

Bunky
08-28-2011, 06:41 AM
When you wipe a towel over a S&W cleaned surface that is slicker than an uncleaned surface so something is left behind and would likely cause the beading. This coating has minimal durability and we see this without other detail sprays. S&W just does not have much added gloss.