PDA

View Full Version : AG Sale Price ?'s

Hoytman
08-26-2011, 11:57 PM
During the Labor Day Sale, or any sale for that matter, is the 15% off taken from sale price? Reason I ask is many items are continually listed with a sale price when there's actually no advertised sale. Then once a 10%, 15%, or 20% off sale comes along and it has me wondering if the percentage is then taken off of the "our price".

Just wondering as there can be a difference of $6 approximately for a 15% off sale given the example below, and I don't know how AG policy is. However, I don't want to order something and then have an issue because of being misled.

This has kept me from ordering over several sales.

Here's an example:

A product is listed as

Our Price $27.50
Sale Price $20.00

ArkayoDeetayo
08-27-2011, 12:51 AM
During the Labor Day Sale, or any sale for that matter, is the 15% off taken from sale price? Reason I ask is many items are continually listed with a sale price when there's actually no advertised sale. Then once a 10%, 15%, or 20% off sale comes along and it has me wondering if the percentage is then taken off of the "our price".

Just wondering as there can be a difference of $6 approximately for a 15% off sale given the example below, and I don't know how AG policy is. However, I don't want to order something and then have an issue because of being misled.

Here's an example:

A product is listed as

Our Price $27.50
Sale Price $20.00

It's taken off the total order price...so if you order something that is $20 and $35, its 15% off of $55...and when you add something to the cart it's the final sale price of that item, so for my exmaple let's just say the $20 was actually a $30 item that was sale price of $20, you basically get the 15% off of the $20 because that's the price of the item being added to your cart. Hope that made sense.

ArkayoDeetayo
08-27-2011, 12:56 AM

Here's an example:

A product is listed as

Our Price $27.50
Sale Price $20.00

For example, look at this

Meg's APC+ Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103 (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-all-purpose-cleaner-plus-d103.html)
It's regular price was 15.99, but sale price was 14.99, so the 14.99 was added to my cart, then the 15% was taken off the 14.99 price, not the 15.99 price.
(ignore all the other products, I just copied/pasted a sample of my last order to show you what I meant)

1 OPT-1301 128 oz. Optimum Power Clean 1 35.99 35.99
2 XMT-3600-P 12 oz. XMT 360 Corrects, Cleans, Seals 1 15.99 15.99
3 D-10301 Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103 1 14.99 14.99
4 SAMPLES One Free Sample Per Order 1 0.00 0.00
5 CO-845 Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 16oz. 2 14.99 29.98
6 labor15 15% Savings Labor Day 1 -14.54 -14.54

Balance Due 82.41

So in your example of $27.5 but sale price $20, the 15% if off the $20 (saving of $3 dollars) not $4.13 (saving of the $27.5)

ScottB
08-27-2011, 06:22 AM
There are certainly some exclusions on each sale, but the discount is not taken until the end when you enter the couponcode on checkout. I often suggest typing it in first, then then hit enter and it will show in the right corner and then finalize order with payment.

BobbyG
08-27-2011, 06:41 AM
There are certainly some exclusions on each sale, but the discount is not taken until the end when you enter the couponcode on checkout. I often suggest typing it in first, then then hit enter and it will show in the right corner and then finalize order with payment.

This is what I generally do as well. It can be a challenge to determine exactly how effective the sale codes are without doing this. As a rule, from what I've seen sale discounts don't apply to BOGO, larger items such as polishers, vacuums, hot water extractors, items already on sale....UNLESS the wording of the sale indicates otherwise.

cmichael258
08-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Hate to muddy the waters, but what about this scenario....

AG will match the sale price of a competitor that (for example :p has Dodo Juice wax on sale for 20% off). How would I purchase some of the AG pre Labor Day sale items and also get the Dodo Juice wax added at the competitor's sale price?

Buckskincolt
08-27-2011, 09:07 AM

AG will match the sale price of a competitor that (for example :p has Dodo Juice wax on sale for 20% off). How would I purchase some of the AG pre Labor Day sale items and also get the Dodo Juice wax added at the competitor's sale price?

Best Way Is To Call in. The competitor price must be verifiable.
You can also make a note in the comments box and be specific on who they are matching, the price they are matching and where they can find the price. the price match will not get any additional discounts so it would need to be 15% cheaper than AG's listed price to be a better deal. Hope that helps!

kimtyson
08-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Best Way Is To Call in.

I gotta go with this reply, for sure. Better safe than sorry and AG has some real nice customer service folks!

cmichael258
08-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Best Way Is To Call in.

Thanks; I suspect you're right. The 20% sale price is posted on the competitor's web site and, as an example, the 200ml Dodo Supernatural would be $6.50 less than the
AG 15% sale price.

Hoytman
08-27-2011, 09:59 AM

Funny you should ask because I missed the last 20% off sale, 2-15% off sales, and a 10% off sale, as I thought they would price match more than one item. I wanted a polisher price matched, pads, and then 20% off on the rest of my items. I called in and was told they 20% off everything or price match an item...and if I'm not mistaken if I price matched the shipping wasn't included either.

I looked on the site and couldn't find anything mentioned about price matchin only 1 item per order, rather, they reserved the right to refuse an order (my business at that time).

I've missed all of the sales over the last 2 months because I'd found a few items cheaper elsewhere...and their everyday price. That said, I still haven't bought anything nor am I angry with AG. I still want to give them some of my business...if anything for what I learn on this forum and the great people I've met here. I will also add that personnel at AG was very patient and polite with me.

I could have placed 2 seperate orders and gotten the price matching and other items I wanted, with free shipping on each of them (because both orders would have been over $95), but I didn't feel that I should have to do that when 1 order would have done the same thing had the seen fit to do it. It was a simple thing really.

Oh well, AG is still a great place, and if that's their policy (as I was told per a phone conversation) then I am fine with that. I just assumed that price matching was price matching.

kimtyson
08-27-2011, 12:25 PM
I looked on the site and couldn't find anything mentioned about price matchin only 1 item per order.

Perhaps you missed the final sentence on the Price Match page, Price Match Promise (http://www.autogeek.net/price-match-policy.html)
"Please note, only one promotion can be applied per order".

BobbyG
08-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Autogeek Price Matching is pretty easy.

In the comments box leave a brief description and the link to the lower priced item and "they" will make the adjustments to the total purchase price. This is how I've approached it and it seems to work well....:props:

Hoytman
08-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Perhaps you missed the final sentence on the Price Match page, Price Match Promise (http://www.autogeek.net/price-match-policy.html)
"Please note, only one promotion can be applied per order".

I certainly did miss reading it and to be honest I can't recall if it^ was there or not, but my wife doesn't remember seeing it either. Maybe we're both blind lol.

I would like to mention that I mistated in my second post that "I called in to AG." That wasn't true as I don't remember calling in, and I don't know why I wrote it that way, but I do remember a series of pm's.

However, I was told one item per order in the pm. I accepted that and tried to get the price matched item, and the discount on additional items. I was then told a price match, or 20% off with free shipping. One or the other, not both. To my knowledge that 20% didn't include the polisher I wanted at the time.

If my memory serves me correctly, and it does fail me quite often because I'm human, the percentage off sale prices do not include polishers (not the same as a price match though). I didn't think there would be a problem with a matching the polisher. About a month later they began flashing the banner across the screen about matching prices and meeting or beating promotions.

I read and still understand that price matching is at AG's discretion. However, a disclaimer as such is a bit confusing to people like me who tried to place an order, and then start seeing the above flashing banner.

Again, I'm not angry or upset with anyone, rather I am thoroughly confused about that particular potentail order.

Anyway, it's water under the bridge and I will be placing an order for some ultima products later today with AG no less. It also has no bearing on other future orders. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of the items I need as there are some other good buys out there.

I aslo started an additional thread thanking AG for the FB sale that they made public to everyone. I really appreciated the opportunity, and thus started a thread to express my appreciatoin for AG putting on a special sale for their customers.

I will disucss this no further, for fear of people taking my post out of context and making more of it than need be. The friends I've made here are worth far more than a misunderstanding or confusion on my part.

kimtyson
08-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Dang Hoytman. You should go into politics, man.