PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irene Coming for us in the North East

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bigaizsosexy
08-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey All,

I didn't see a topic about this crazy Hurricane that's coming for us in the north east. I am located in Central New Jersey, and we haven't seen a storm like this in a long time. Share your thoughts!

JBL
08-26-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm down Center City, Philadelphia's way and they're going bonkers around here. I washed the car down and got some QD on it for some lightweight protection from the rain and leaves that are bound to be flying everywhere.

I've never actually seen one of the hurricane evacuation routes implemented, but apparently the Atlantic City Expressway is only one way now...OUT.

Regardless, I've got my french toast kit ready. Wonder why they never toss cinnamon in with the "bread, milk and eggs" though.

bigaizsosexy
08-26-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm down Center City, Philadelphia's way and they're going bonkers around here. I washed the car down and got some QD on it for some lightweight protection from the rain and leaves that are bound to be flying everywhere.

I've never actually seen one of the hurricane evacuation routes implemented, but apparently the Atlantic City Expressway is only one way now...OUT.

Regardless, I've got my french toast kit ready. Wonder why they never toss cinnamon in with the "bread, milk and eggs" though.

haha Damn!! Yea, I have never even heard of evacuation routes actually being used either, but this is the second time I am hearing it today. My GF works in the hospitality industry, and she told me as well that they shut AC down! I just finishing my detail for the day!! Buckle down and be safe my friend!!

Streetlife
08-26-2011, 02:29 PM
haha Damn!! Yea, I have never even heard of evacuation routes actually being used either, but this is the second time I am hearing it today. My GF works in the hospitality industry, and she told me as well that they shut AC down! I just finishing my detail for the day!! Buckle down and be safe my friend!!

Take it from someone who's had to deal with a few bad hurricanes over the last 6 years, i wish you'll the best.

guess23959
08-26-2011, 02:35 PM
im in ct so us here we'll be getting it just as bad as you guys. keep your baby's inside and hope for the best. i could care less about the flooding cause thats what shop vacs are for. i just want the power to stay good. best wishes to you guys and your rides.

bigaizsosexy
08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
im in ct so us here we'll be getting it just as bad as you guys. keep your baby's inside and hope for the best. i could care less about the flooding cause thats what shop vacs are for. i just want the power to stay good. best wishes to you guys and your rides.

My Ride doesn't fit in the garage. :( We had an addition put into the garage for an office, so my truck sits outside!! ahhhhhh

Setec Astronomy
08-26-2011, 02:41 PM
That's going to be the killer is the power outages...gonna make it very tough in the aftermath.

bigaizsosexy
08-26-2011, 02:44 PM
I agree!! P.S. I still haven't gotten anyone else interested in a small meet for us in NJ.

guess23959
08-26-2011, 04:06 PM
my neighbor who's 100% imported portugese, washes his car in the rain. BRILLIANT but there's no pressure washing everything off. maybe you can do that, soap your truck down, leave the tail gate open, and let the rain soak it down! that way when the week comes, all youll have to do is dry and get your detailing on its way! ;-)

rider9195
08-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I had to help my dad pack out bread this morning(he works for Freighofer's) and the Shop Rite we went to was packed with people buying water and food like it was the end of the world!

I really do think people are going a little nuts over this. At least in the Northeast. Farther down south they are suppose to get hit harder :(

Sunshyne
08-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I hope you all stay safe. I am just far enough inland from DC to only expect lots of wind and possibly 5-6" of rain so we will get wet and might lose power.

here's to hoping..

Pats300zx
08-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Got everything tied down and put away at the beach and home. Bring on Irene !!!!

Setec Astronomy
08-26-2011, 06:37 PM
I really do think people are going a little nuts over this. At least in the Northeast. Farther down south they are suppose to get hit harder :(

I'm not so sure about that...I'm not sure we've ever had evacuations like this along the Jersey shore, it's supposed to be the worst storm since 1938. I'm inland but because the track is essentially right through NYC, we are still supposed to get 5-10" of rain and wind gusts of 75 MPH. Combine that with the leaves still on the trees, and you're talking about a lot of downed trees and power lines, and a long wait to get them repaired.

The flooding here from Floyd in '99 was really bad, and this is supposed to be worse.

Flash Gordon
08-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Looks like a real humdinger of a storm. Good luck, and stay safe everyone

bigaizsosexy
08-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Looks like a real humdinger of a storm. Good luck, and stay safe everyone

Thanks for the LUCK, and believe me we will need it!!!