PDA

View Full Version : Grease in wash mitt

malibuboats91
08-26-2011, 12:34 PM
I have a meguiars microfiber wash mitt and somehow there got to be grease in it. How would I go about cleaning that out? Or should I just buy a new one? Thanks

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.934919,-89.620384
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubbin1
08-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I would buy a new one but you can try and APC to clean it out.

Mike Phillips
08-26-2011, 12:39 PM
I have a meguiars microfiber wash mitt and somehow there got to be grease in it. How would I go about cleaning that out? Or should I just buy a new one? Thanks

---
I am here: Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.934919,-89.620384)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the price of a new wash mitt as compared to the value of your time should you mar your car's finish if you don't get it all the way washed out... I would replace it and reduce the potential for any related problems associated to the grease on the wash mitt.

Dedicate it to a menial task
Try to wash it out using a detergent soap or some other degreaser and then delegate it to some non-important task like washing under bumpers, tires, etc.

:)

Kurt_s
08-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Dawn Power Dissolver has gotten grease and black tire crud from my "dirty" synthetic mitt. I have also used full strength OPC, and lightly diluted APC+, CG Grime Reaper and LA's Totally Amazing to get greasy tire stuff out of the "dirty" mitt, some towels and my tire brush as well.

I agree with Mike about using your wash mitt for menial tasks where it won't damage your perfected finish.

The Mother's sheepskin mitt is $10 without the labor day discount. Nice and soft. I just picked one up and don't know how long it will last.

FUNX650
08-26-2011, 01:30 PM
I always try to keep a couple extra brand new wash mitts on hand...if one gets "greased-up"...then, I can simply lay it aside to be cleaned and later used for, as Mr. Phillips suggested, menial chores.

There was a time, though, when I would 'clean' wash mitts, MF towels, etc., "as best as possible" and ship them off to the ex-wife so she could 'clean' one of my ex-vehicles. :D

Bob