PDA

View Full Version : Leather seat cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

Rspratt48
08-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Is there a product that will clean my leather seats and not make them slippery? The leather seats on the 99 Acura TL are very soft and it seems no matter what leather cleaner I use it makes the seats super slippery.

cutter
08-26-2011, 07:01 AM
I would recommend you purchase an inexpensive steamer. Use it properly and you will have great results without any slipperiness from leftover product. Plus, you will have a steamer for other projects.

BobbyG
08-26-2011, 07:03 AM
For cleaning I like Optimum Power Clean diluted 3:1. This is a nice all purpose cleaner and works well on leather or vinyl.

Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner 17 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

Additional source

Leather Cleaner - Lexol Spray Leather Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/lexsprayleat.html)

Leather Conditioner - Lexol Leather Conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/lexsprayleat1.html)

truckbutt
08-26-2011, 07:14 AM
I have been using Lexol Leather Cleaner followed by Lexol Leather Conditioner for years. It's great on leather seats as well as on expensive leather coats.

BobbyG
08-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Another thing I like about the Lexol conditioner is it doesn't leave the surface slippery at all....:props:

galaxy
08-26-2011, 08:20 AM
One of the things I really enjoy about Mothers is it cleans with the best of them and dries completely dry within minutes. You can definitely tell there's no dressings or oils or protectants in the cleaner by the surface it leaves behind. Then their conditioner leaves a very soft surface with no grease or no slippery feeling or appearance.

Most defiantly a brand/product that goes on the very underestimated list! Mothers is the only leather products in my cabinet. Not saying there's not better out there, but I'd argue there's not better out there for the price. IMHO, better than Lexol.

Even their reflections line leather cleaner/conditioner is good. It's a combined product that I use for in between maintenance and very happy with also. Can't go wrong.

The Heater
08-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Lexol. Do it at the end of the day if possible, or some other time you won't be using your vehicle for several hours, to let the second step (conditioner) soak in. I have used it for a lot of years. Seat will not be slippery.

Always try cleaning any leather seat with a clean towel and warm water first. Leather doesn't like a lot of chemicals.

Kurt_s
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Leatherique products did a nice job with my 99 bimmer's seats and steering wheel. The seats are not slick, just clean and soft.

Klink10
08-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I did the Lexol trick on my seats after watching the Mike Phillips video. Lexol did wonders and my seats never looked better. This is now a maintenance thing for me at once a month.

C. Charles Hahn
08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm finding it hard to believe all the Lexol love in this thread.... it's by far the worst conditioner I've ever used!

Bimmerfan
08-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I agree with Kurt s like the letherique also. It cleans nice.

Capa1970
08-26-2011, 08:41 PM
I like Lexol too.

ScottB
08-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Is there a product that will clean my leather seats and not make them slippery? The leather seats on the 99 Acura TL are very soft and it seems no matter what leather cleaner I use it makes the seats super slippery.

LeatherMasters makes a seperate cleaner and protectant, this might be a good choice.

Dubbin1
08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
I have been using Optimum Power Clean at 10:1 for all leather cleaning.

mwoolfso
08-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I use Lexol on my Acadia (leather) and CC (leatherette); two separate products. I find it suits my needs very well. The biggest thing I notice is that dust just does not seem to settle on the seats at all. Bonus!