PDA

View Full Version : Towels (MF) - besides AG, any other (Canadian?) supplier suggestions?

Wes8398
08-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm hopefully putting my start-up order in tomorrow during the "facebook sale". The last things on my list are drying, buffing, polishing, etc towels and it seems that many around here suggest to look elsewhere for better prices and equal quality. If this is the case, and the Cobra MF towels aren't part of the sale tomorrow, can you guys direct me to places I should look to compare prices and products? Poorboy is a name that I seem to come across in my searching a lot. Any others? Canadian spots would be great too!

Thanks!!

VISITOR
08-26-2011, 12:08 AM
if you're in canada, check out eshine.ca

Wes8398
08-26-2011, 12:14 AM
if you're in canada, check out eshine.ca
Should have mentioned that I've been there already. Not overly impressed...

daveinsweethome
08-26-2011, 12:55 AM
autowerks exclusive in vancouver

Rspratt48
08-26-2011, 01:26 AM
For micro fiber towels you can't beat Sam's Club. For drying I use the bib waffle towels. I bought them at last year's AutoGeek show buy one get the other free; essentially $34 for two. Pretty spendy, but well with it if you really take care of them.

Wes8398
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
For micro fiber towels you can't beat Sam's Club. For drying I use the bib waffle towels. I bought them at last year's AutoGeek show buy one get the other free; essentially $34 for two. Pretty spendy, but well with it if you really take care of them.
There seems to be a lot of negative feedback around here on those Sam's club towels...

I'm curious about the amazon/eBay towels though... need to look into their specs...

VISITOR
08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
There seems to be a lot of negative feedback around here on those Sam's club towels...

they've worked fine IME (everyone has their own opinion/experience like anything else)), and if you don't like them for use on paint you can delegate them to less important tasks. only one way to find out is to try them out for yourself...

PPLd
08-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I mainly use Chemical Guys and Meguiar's MF towels..
CG towels are very very similar to Cobra towels but at much cheaper price..
ADS sell a few MF towels at a very economical price as well..
Not sure if u can get them in Canada or not...

Wes8398
08-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Any opinions on towel pros dot com?

cranny
08-30-2011, 08:57 PM
I've been using the yellow MF from Costco. They're working just as well as some of the more expensive ones I've bought. Doing the scratch test with a CD and rubbing very hard, they didn't leave a single scratch.

I just be sure to rip all the tags off them and wash them first before using them.