PDA

View Full Version : undecided

justfish
08-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Well I have read so much now I cannot decide which products to purchase...buffer,pads,and which material to use. I need to compound my boat. I tried a cheap buffer and really could not get anything done. I'm sure others on here do what I am trying to get done on a daily basis and I am a firm believer of learning from someone that knows . THANKS for the help

embolism
08-25-2011, 10:02 PM
gelcoat is much tougher than the clearcoat on cars. Might want to even hit it with wool on a rotary using some of the duragloss RV compounds

Kristopher1129
08-25-2011, 10:48 PM
I've always found gel coat to be softer actually. Pulling scratches and oxidation out of gel coat has always been much less of a hassle than on clear coat.

My go to product is Megs Oxidation Remover. Stuff works awesome even under the hot sun. I usually use a wool pad on a rotary. Spread some of the product around with an applicator pad and work in small sections. You may need a marine compound depending on the severity of the job.

Once you do the whole boat with that, I go straight to polish. The Oxidation remover is a great product. If you want to...you can go straight to a marine sealant following the Oxidation Remover. It leaves a nice finish as is. But polishing never hurts in between. Depends how picky you are. :dblthumb2: