PDA

View Full Version : Favorite leather conditioner

quantim0
02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I currently am using the Connolly cleaner and conditioner combo on my GTO. I really like the cleaner and it seems to do a fantastic job, even though it is a little expensive.

However, I cannot stand using the conditioner. It seems to work well, but I hate using it. It seems to go on very spotty no matter what I do. It smells bad and I ask myself why do I still use it every time I do my leather. I don't do my leather as much as I should due to the fact I don't like using the conditioner.

So what do you like to use on your leather? I have used the Zaino leather stuff and it leaves my leather kinda hard and shiny, basically I don't like it. I want my leather to be soft and not have a shine to it. Thanks.

abrcrombe
02-02-2007, 07:13 PM
PB Leather Stuff (I think that is what it is called), Lexol

Gary Sword
02-02-2007, 07:15 PM
I also use Connolly cleaner and Hide Care. I think it does a great job. I like the semigloss new looks it gives. A lot of products leave the leather hard and to shinney for my tastes. The smell does not seem strong and does not bother me. I have never had a problem with spots. If you put you put to much on in one spot buff it off good. After a few hours I have never noticed any spots. Connolly keeps the leather very soft.

joe.p
02-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I have tried a few and Pinnacle Leather Conditioner is a favorite..It has a faint leather smell not over powering..

quantim0
02-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I also use Connolly cleaner and Hide Care. I think it does a great job. I like the semigloss new looks it gives. A lot of products leave the leather hard and to shinney for my tastes. The smell does not seem strong and does not bother me. I have never had a problem with spots. If you put you put to much on in one spot buff it off good. After a few hours I have never noticed any spots. Connolly keeps the leather very soft.

Ok, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Please, spill the beans on how you use it. I can never get it on thin enough to soak right in. The instructions on the package pretty much force you to figure it out on your own.

Gary Sword
02-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Ok, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Please, spill the beans on how you use it. I can never get it on thin enough to soak right in. The instructions on the package pretty much force you to figure it out on your own.

I just put a little bit on a small MF towel and rub it in good. I usually buff it off with a clean MF towel after I have done the whole car. If there were any spots where it was a little thick it usually soaks right in in a couple of hours and leaves a beautiful even semigloss finish. You can also apply it with your bare hands then buff it off but I have never tried it. There was a thread a few weeks back saying it good to do it in the heat and even turn the header on. Since you live in Florida that's probably not necessary.

supercharged
02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
I have used Connolly in the past. It does a fine job conditioning leather, but keep it away form perforated leather. I hated it's smell though, so decided it's just not for me. I have the smell of kerosene. Later I tired Pinnacle and Wolfgang leather combos. Both Pinnacle and Wolfgang are the best leather conditioners I have ever used. No harsh chemicals, new leather smell, matte finish - non greasy.

Conclusion: I would take Pinnacle and Wolfgang over Connolly any day. Connolly is though a good conditioner for uncoated leather. Wolfgang and Pinnacle are not recommended for uncoated leather. How do I know wheather leather is coated or not? Spray a mist or two of tap water on leather. If it turns dark - it's uncoated. If color remains the same - it's coated.

Most cars have coated leather.

ltoman
02-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I have used Connolly in the past. It does a fine job conditioning leather, but keep it away form perforated leather. I hated it's smell though, so decided it's just not for me. I have the smell of kerosene. Later I tired Pinnacle and Wolfgang leather combos. Both Pinnacle and Wolfgang are the best leather conditioners I have ever used. No harsh chemicals, new leather smell, matte finish - non greasy.

Conclusion: I would take Pinnacle and Wolfgang over Connolly any day. Connolly is though a good conditioner for uncoated leather. Wolfgang and Pinnacle are not recommended for uncoated leather. How do I know wheather leather is coated or not? Spray a mist or two of tap water on leather. If it turns dark - it's uncoated. If color remains the same - it's coated.

Most cars have coated leather.
good to know - thanks for adding that last bit of info!!:applause:

joe.p
02-02-2007, 11:59 PM
if your leather is coated and i would assume most new are cars then woolite and water is all you need ?

joe.p
02-03-2007, 12:08 AM
So what do you like to use on your leather? I have used the Zaino leather stuff and it leaves my leather kinda hard and shiny, basically I don't like it. I want my leather to be soft and not have a shine to it. Thanks.I have Pinnacle and WG Leather Conditoner both are nice products..Pinnacle has a scent of leather but not over whelming, wolfgang has a very faint scent somewhat less then Pinnacle.. I have about 1/4 of WG and 1/4 of Pinnacle left in a 4oz sample bottle.. it would be enough for you to sample..if you like PM me and i'll send it to you .and .if you like it then you can place an order with AG..

ScottB
02-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Connolly, Pinnacle, and Leathrique ...

supercharged
02-03-2007, 03:16 AM
good to know - thanks for adding that last bit of info!!:applause:
You are welcome.