PDA

View Full Version : Black or Chrome license plate frames. Which?

Pages : [1] 2

RacerE7773
02-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I am hoping to order/buy outright some new plain clear cover/frame combos for my car and my wife's also. Mine is white with black mirrors (was able to remove the bowties years ago), and her car is silver with the black rubstrips on the front and rear bumper as well as the sides. The Impala emblems and such are chrome plated, so would either style of frame look okay, or should I just get black?:confused: Great site, more interesting than a few others I'd been on in the past.:awesome: Thanks.

abrcrombe
02-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Got any pics of the car?
Without seeing the cars, my pic is black. for both.

Surfer
02-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Do what I did, or should say sister got me lol, chrome license frame that has a girl laying against a palm tree on each side, and the girls look naked LOL. I'll have to take a pic, its a FL thing:D

Nuke33
02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Yea lets see that car

Truls
02-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Go black.

Less is more

ScottB
02-02-2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/PICT0044.JPG

black frame with clear cover blends well ....

abrcrombe
02-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Will the clear even turn yellow? Also, did you use nightshades on your tail lights? Do they still light up bright day and night?

ScottB
02-02-2007, 09:00 PM
frame is 18 months old ... still clear. Over time, I am sure it could discolor but cheap enough to replace every couple years. Taillamps are acrylic covers, so I could remove them if needed. Nice and bright day or night ... I was surprised also as they look darn black !!

Gary Sword
02-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Black Carbon Fiber is the only way to go. It weighs almost nothing an looks great.

supercharged
02-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Black Carbon Fiber is the only way to go. It weighs almost nothing an looks great.
:iagree: :righton:

sparkie
02-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Black!

RacerE7773
02-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Black it shall be then.:grouphug: I like the Altec edged covers, but don't know what to pick yet. I have one of the Weathertech covers already (rear plate's WT cover was stolen by a bonehead), but have sort of grown tired of the just flat look. I DO like the weatherstripping seal in them though. do any other covers come with the same idea? Ohio is not kind on cars nor plates (ours are steel) with their love of salt. When they do clean off the roads, that is. Sorry about the rant there.:o

Reddwarf
02-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I vote black too.

I love the Grucho quote! Who is Captin Rhodes?

Dano18
02-15-2007, 09:49 PM
This may be a bit of a thread steal, but since you have a silver car I'll go ahead and ask it anyways.

Does anyone know where to get a silver license plate frame, the thinner the better? I have looked online and all I can find is crome and a silver carbon fiber pattern, both of which would look bad on my car. Thanks!

RacerE7773
03-14-2007, 07:57 AM
I know this is an old topic, but I had to post on it once more. I feel stupid, as I was trying to find the hose nozzle at my parents' garage I found the black perimeter frames and also the thin frames I bought two years ago.:o I still might someday order the Altec cover/frames but not at the present time (my brakes have been needing done over for awhile now, so they have priority whenever our federal taxes come back. The state are already gone on a couple bills.). Thanks for all the suggestions.:grouphug: