PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Brush should come with warning!

Pages : [1] 2

FussMan
08-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Read the reviews, saw the video demo and I bought the product.

So I soap-up'ed the wheel, stuck in the brush, pulled it out------> and BAMB, I got the sprinkling shower all over me of water, soap, ARO, brake dust...###!

There has to be a better wheel cleaning tool out there...any ideas/suggestions?

Kind Regards,

The Fussman

Flannigan
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm not trying to be insulting, but I think it's kind of common sense that if you jam a wet brush in a small dirty area, that when you pull it out there will be some splatter. Also, we are cleaning cars, I think getting a little dirty comes with the territory.

I've never used them, but maybe the wheel woolies would serve you better.

FussMan
08-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Well the guy in the video was squeaky clean when he used it.

Anywho, I guess its just one of the "hazzards" us Detailing Geeks have to deal with, its come with the territory------->:dblthumb2: I may need to get one of those fancy AutoGeek aprons!

Fussman

Driwash
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM

So I soap-up'ed the wheel, stuck in the brush, pulled it out------> and BAMB, I got the sprinkling shower all over me of water, soap, ARO, brake dust...###!

Kind Regards,

The Fussman

Fussman, look at these Wheel Woolies 3-Piece Kit, wheel cleaning tools, wheel brushes (http://www.autogeek.net/wheel-woolies.html)

hope that helps

Tom

Rsurfer
08-24-2011, 08:39 PM

Kind Regards,

The Fussman

Just move to the side.

Lasthope05
08-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Twist the brush as you pull it out or if you're looking for a new brush the Raceglaze XL wheel brush is IMO superior. Fits into tighter areas then the daytona and because of its short bristles there is virtually no sling.

Setec Astronomy
08-24-2011, 08:55 PM
You're lucky you weren't using HF wheel cleaner! As noted, you kinda learn to stay to the side and roll your sleeve up, then usually only your arm gets splattered and you can wash it off. Others have fashioned a shield out garbage can lids and things like that. I've never been successful with the twisting method, but I've actually never used my E-Z as I'm still going thru some old Meg's spoke brushes that give similar splatter.

One other tip...stand to the left side on some wheels, and the right side on other, that way you get equal splatter on each sock--either that or wear black socks!

embolism
08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
I shoot a light spray of water at the wheel as I remove the brush so I don't get splattered...

Scarelane
08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm not trying to be insulting, but I think it's kind of common sense that if you jam a wet brush in a small dirty area, that when you pull it out there will be some splatter. Also, we are cleaning cars, I think getting a little dirty comes with the territory.

I've never used them, but maybe the wheel woolies would serve you better.

Completely agree. Really? Should come with a warning? I think the Daytina brush is one of the best wheel cleaning tools I've ever bused.

Geez.....
:bash:

Flash Gordon
08-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Meghan taught me to twist it before yanking it out ;)

Setec Astronomy
08-24-2011, 10:04 PM

Yikes!

Driwash
08-24-2011, 10:06 PM

Flash Gordon ..... LOL, you are killing me. Just had my cold drink come out my nose.......

Tom

FussMan
08-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Flash..did you buy here dinner before or after than event? I guess you probably had a smoke afterwards:xyxthumbs:

Just Curious

Fussman

Kurt_s
08-24-2011, 10:16 PM
1) Take a 9" paper or plastic plate and cut an X in the middle just large enough to stick the wooden handle through the slits. When you remove the brush from the rim, the splatter hits the plate.

2) Angle to the side when you remove the brush

3) Wear clothes that you don't care about, safety glasses and use a "safer" wheel cleaner

4) Twist as you yank it out (that would be an interesting You Tube video)

bigbadbp7
08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
He is the "Fussman" I think hes just living up to his name :rolleyes: