PDA

View Full Version : Best time to buy?

Wes8398
08-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Hello again. It's been a while since so many of you offered all that great guidance on how I can get myself started on DIYing my CTS-V. Unfortunately I still haven't put an order in, and thus still haven't done the job yet. Summer's just been too busy (in a good way). Anyway, I just got the email about AG's end of summer 15% off sale (which unfortunately doesn't include polishers...booo!), and wondered if I should take advantage and put an order in now, or if it'd be better to hold off for a better sale that might happen further into the fall. What do ya think? I'm thinking there might not be much point in doing a paint correction on my car before I drive it all winter, so I might not even do the job til next year...

kronos
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking there might not be much point in doing a paint correction on my car before I drive it all winter, so I might not even do the job til next year...

This would actually be the best reason to do it now. You should protect it from the elements to prevent further degradation to your car's paint. A layer of Collinite 845 wax could protect all winter from salts and the harsh conditions.

oldmodman
08-24-2011, 02:46 PM
The best time to buy is when you have money.

During a big sale.

When the 'free shipping" period is on. Usually early on every Saturday.

Wes8398
08-24-2011, 02:56 PM
845 is on my list :) what I meant by not doing it til after winter was that I'd just do my regular protection wax before winter and save the swirl correction for spring..

As for "big sales"... Would this 15% off be considered big? Or wait for better? Also, my order will be over the threshold and get free shipping regardless, I think. Probably be ordering $350 worth of stuff.

2kredbb6
08-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Wes do you have Facebook? They are planning on having a huge sale starting friday, but its through FB only.

They will probably (RUMORED) have a polisher.

Wes8398
08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Ooooh, now there's some juicy info! Thanks! I'll add em to FB ASAP. I wonder if that info got mixed up with their labor day sale, or if they're actually going to run 2 promotions at once...

ScottB
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
start now, you'll have plenty more to get as the sales roll in ...

FussMan
08-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey there Wes; ya got to "man-up" and do it..so just do it dammit!

Fussman

Rei86
08-24-2011, 04:48 PM
A good time to order will probably be Friday. With the Facebook sales items and the labor day sale of 15percent off everything (besides the usual items like polishers, floors etc etc) and free shipping, you can't go wrong with that.

Also it feels like AG has so many sales that you have a nice big one every month so this is the time to take advantage my friend. Unless you feel that they might offer up even bigger sale ON labor day.

BobbyG
08-24-2011, 05:12 PM
The best time to buy is when you have money.

Nuff said! :props:

Wes8398
08-24-2011, 05:32 PM
THANKS! I'll be sure to start loading up my cart in hopes of this Friday being a "big sale". :)

Nuff said! :props:

It's not a matter of having the money or not, I'm just a real sucker for a deal. I don't pay regular price for my groceries, let alone car stuff. LOL

Hey there Wes; ya got to "man-up" and do it..so just do it dammit!

Fussman
But spending time with friends & family, traveling, and enjoying the summer months is just so much more appealing. ;)

navseawelder1
08-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello again. It's been a while since so many of you offered all that great guidance on how I can get myself started on DIYing my CTS-V. Unfortunately I still haven't put an order in, and thus still haven't done the job yet. Summer's just been too busy (in a good way). Anyway, I just got the email about AG's end of summer 15% off sale (which unfortunately doesn't include polishers...booo!), and wondered if I should take advantage and put an order in now, or if it'd be better to hold off for a better sale that might happen further into the fall. What do ya think? I'm thinking there might not be much point in doing a paint correction on my car before I drive it all winter, so I might not even do the job til next year...

Go to tools-plus.com. They have the Porter-Cable 7424XP for $8 less than Autogeek and free shipping. I know AG matches prices too but they don't pay me to work for them. Who ever has the best price is who I buy it from.

Wes8398
08-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm going for the Griot's DA, as was recommended to me by many forum members. We'll see what this Friday deal is all about and go from there!