PDA

View Full Version : What do you do on a no detail day?

DaGonz
08-24-2011, 10:49 AM
I had a rare day off yesterday, I got off duty from the firehouse at 8:00 AM, and I wasn't scheduled at either of my per diem jobs... the only thing on my agenda other than going to the firehouse for the night tour starting at 6:00 PM was to drop off and pick up our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Bailey at the "doggie detailers"...

After dropping Bailey off... I got to the house and decided it would be a good day to reorganize my detailing supplies. I loaded up my CD player, cranked the tunes and went to "work".

I emptied the cabinet that I store my stuff in , cleaned the interior and exterior of the cabinet and did a minor repair to it (replacing the lower backing fiberboard of the cabinet) , then went through all of my detailing supplies, organizing them by type, cleaning the bottles, filling the spray bottles and going through the older used pieces of detailing clay ( I save them for claying stubborn stains on wheels), throwing out the grungiest ones.

I then took out my polishers and cleaned them up using some Zep Citrus cleaner/degreaser mixed 5 to 1.
Next was my wet/dry vac. I cleaned the filter, dumped the contents of the vacuum and cleaned the hose and housing.

I then set about cleaning up the pads I used from the last detail I did.. I soaked them in a 50/50 mix of Zep Citrus cleaner/degreaser and hot water I before I started the re-org, I scrubbed them down with a brush to remove any residues from compounds, polishes and waxes, rinsed them and set them out to air dry.

The phone rang, it was my wife Trish stating that Bailey was ready to be picked up. I had an appointment for a haircut and had to go to work, so I couldn't finish the last part... going through my polisher pads, microfibers and other toweling and reorganize those items. That is today's project!

Porsche Pilot
08-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Sounds eerily similar to what I do on non-detail days. My wife isn't named Trish and my dog pretends to be a Cavalier even though he's just a C***er Spaniel. But, other than that, yep, the same routine.

ShineTimeDetail
08-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I do what I'm doing today and sit on the internet all morning then I will try to get my 66 Galaxie put back together and get her running!!

Oh and I will wash all my rags, fill all chemicals and organize my van!!

CEE DOG
08-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I work :laughing:

ShineTimeDetail
08-24-2011, 11:39 AM
True 'cee dog', I usually work just as hard on my "days off" as my days "working"

DaGonz
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I just finished organizing my polisher pads, microfibers, soft terry toweling and the toweling I call "grunge towels"... time for a ice cold Harpoon Raspberry Hefweissen! :dblthumb2:

Flash Gordon
08-24-2011, 01:55 PM

What is the meaning to this foriegn word you speak

dad07
08-24-2011, 02:05 PM

:iagree:got off early today have so much to do, really don't know where to start so I'm here and preparing an AG order.:D

TLMitchell
08-24-2011, 05:25 PM
True 'cee dog', I usually work just as hard on my "days off" as my days "working"

As do I. Between grass, leaves, this n that it seems I do more work on days off than I do when I'm actually at work! This concerns me as in 7 days I enter EDIS (Every Day Is Saturday, ie, forced retirement at 56). 24+ years ago I thought this looked like a good idea because I'm more than happy to prop my feet up. However, everyone I know that's retired tells me they're so busy with "stuff" they don't know how they ever had time to go to work. :doh:

I think I shot myself in the foot.

TL