PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze & XMT Pad Conditioner

Totoland Mach
04-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Got to try the Finishing Glaze and Pad Conditioner on the wife's daily driver: 1996 Pathfinder with 164/k miles. This is garaged at night and parked outside daily.

1. XMT Pad Conditioner review. Easy to use product with very noticeable results on start-up of the pc. A quick spray before you apply your product will moisten the pad and it seems to work as advertised.

2. XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze. This product is quickly becoming a favorite item. It applies easily with the pc set on 4. I did a panel at a time, worked the product in several directions until a slight haze was left, and lightly buffed the remaining with a mf towel. The Pathfinder's paint was deepened in color and the gloss was incredible (see photos). Unlike the Mach 1, this is a daily use vehicle. I'll follow up with a report on durability.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/XMT_Finishing_Glaze_Pathfinder_1.jpg

Here's a hood shot. The sun was trying to cooperate on Sunday, but kept ducking behind the clouds.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/XMT_Finishing_Glaze_Pathfinder_3.jpg

Tried to get a shot of the reflectivity of the paint by shooting the passenger door. Remember, this paint is 11 years old.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/XMT_Finishing_Glaze_Pathfinder_2.jpg

I've posted pics of the Mach 1 in the garage on another post. The photos are not too good due to the rain and I don't have a tripod for the camera.

Overall, the new Pinnacle products are WINNER'S. I'm going to try the swirl removal products next weekend on a Black Porsche twin turbo that has lots of light swirls (the owner of the car will not heed my advice on proper washing techniques).

Totoland Mach

Meghan
05-01-2006, 06:45 AM
For 11 year old paint...WOW :eek: , amazing job!

BritOn2wheels
05-01-2006, 08:40 AM
WOW :eek:
Nice job on the Pathfinder, Totoland Mach. Was the XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze the only (significant) product used during this detailing, or was this the last step?

Totoland Mach
05-01-2006, 10:04 AM
WOW :eek:
Nice job on the Pathfinder, Totoland Mach. Was the XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze the only (significant) product used during this detailing, or was this the last step?

Thanks for the compliments. The Pathfinder was washed and had a coat of Meguiars #21 sealant applied in early March (approx. 2 months ago). Nothing else was done, but I try to keep the finish in good shape.

I'm going to try the swirl removal products on a black Porsche (2001 model twin turbo awd with 1,350 miles). The owner absolutely does not follow a good wash and dry regimen and the finish has light swirls/cobwebbing from an old drying towel. I'll take a lot of pics on this project as it will be a real test of the XMT Swirl Remover products.

Totoland Mach

BritOn2wheels
05-01-2006, 10:31 AM
It absolutely blows my mind that someone will put down serious cash on a car like a Porsche, and then mess-up the paintwork using some crappy old rag from the closet to wash and dry the vehicle.

It makes as much sense as paying $30K for a new vehicle and then keeping it on the driveway because the garage is full of worthless junk????: confused:

Totoland Mach
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Here's a pic of his last Black 911. The new one is turning into a scenario of the last one (but he pays ok LOL)

Meghan
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Here's a pic of his last Black 911. The new one is turning into a scenario of the last one (but he pays ok LOL)
Guess he doesn't use the two bucket method! :eek: You would be surprised how many people wash with old towels or T-shirts still. :confused: All we can do is educate, then you guys can charge them good money to fix the problem they created!:p I love to drive by those car washes that schools or churches do on the weekends... sign should read "Free Swirls" not "Carwash". :(