PDA

View Full Version : Better durability, D300&D301 Combo or Polyseal&OCW?

Tom Weed
08-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi all,
I'm getting pretty busy of late wanting to use a fast 2 step process for DD's and still get good results and decent lasting protection. Most of these people aren't wanting to pay for a full 2 step correction and a sealant but I wanted to offer something better than just an AIO, especially for durability. The two combo's that I've come up with is Meguiars new DA MF system with the Correction Compound followed by the Finishing Wax and Optimum Polyseal followed by Optimum Car Wax. I know I will get better correction with the DA-MF system, but as far as durability goes between the two, any opinions?

All comments welcome and thanks ahead of time for the feedback,

Tom

Buckskincolt
08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
So far the durability with the Meg MF finishing wax seems to be good (about 3 weeks and very slick and beading well). I have no experience with the OCW so I can't compare.
I think overall you should lean to the DA MF system for the service you outline for the simple fact that the final product being returned to the customer will be a better looking detail in most cases. remember you are putting your name on it! Just my $.02:props:

Tom Weed
08-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi all,
I'm getting pretty busy of late wanting to use a fast 2 step process for DD's and still get good results and decent lasting protection. Most of these people aren't wanting to pay for a full 2 step correction and a sealant but I wanted to offer something better than just an AIO, especially for durability. The two combo's that I've come up with is Meguiars new DA MF system with the Correction Compound followed by the Finishing Wax and Optimum Polyseal followed by Optimum Car Wax. I know I will get better correction with the DA-MF system, but as far as durability goes between the two, any opinions?

All comments welcome and thanks ahead of time for the feedback,

Tom

I should clarify my post...
I meant to say, using the DA-MF system was the for the D300 and D301 only, I would be using probably the LC Hydro-Tech Tangerine pad on either the DA, Flex 3401 or the Rotary with the Polyseal and leaving it on, and using OCW and removing both at the same time.

Thanks for the reply Buckskincolt!

embolism
08-23-2011, 10:44 AM
I'd guess that the poliseal and OCW would be more durable than the D301 alone.

Just did a one stepper with poliseal and orange LC flats on a black Rav 4 and while it did clean the paint and gloss things up nicely, correction was only 40-50% at best. Looked pretty good but I'm sure the oils were hiding some stuff too.

Only had the car for 3 hours and claying took forever so there was only so much one could do. I'm sure the MF system would have provided much more correction though...

How much durability are you looking for? If you sell the MF 2-step then recommend a maintenance follow up for the following month, then you can add something more durable, like the OCW.

Tom Weed
08-23-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd guess that the poliseal and OCW would be more durable than the D301 alone.

Just did a one stepper with poliseal and orange LC flats on a black Rav 4 and while it did clean the paint and gloss things up nicely, correction was only 40-50% at best. Looked pretty good but I'm sure the oils were hiding some stuff too.

Only had the car for 3 hours and claying took forever so there was only so much one could do. I'm sure the MF system would have provided much more correction though...

How much durability are you looking for? If you sell the MF 2-step then recommend a maintenance follow up for the following month, then you can add something more durable, like the OCW.

Embolism,
Thanks for the reply, You know, I've thought about topping 301 with something, but I thought maybe it would affect the other LSP's ability to bond to it, but having said that, topping any wax/sealant/AIO isn't that going to be doing the same thing? Such as topping Polyseal with OCW? :dunno:

Anyways, I'd like to get 2-3 months out of any LSP I use, so the customer will want to return...

embolism
08-23-2011, 01:59 PM
have you considered D151 and OCW?

or maybe mix some polish II in with the Poliseal?

Dr Oldz
08-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I can't comment on the MF system but I will say OCW will last at least 3 months. So maybe a polish like Menz Power Finish followed by OCW may work for you. Menz Power Finish finishes really good on most paints while still having good correction properties. 151 is another great choice followed by OCW as Tim has mentioned.