PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 1 step with Meguiars D151 - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL

Pages : [1] 2 3

Garry Dean
08-22-2011, 07:25 PM
I signed on to do several of these old school Porsches this week. This one I did last Thursday. Nothing fancy, just wash, Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System, then Megs D151 and a good wheel and tire clean.

I really like these old Porsches. I spent 9 hours today compounding and polishing a 1980 911 SC. That video and write up will be started as soon as I complete it tomorrow.

This one is a short one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHCHJX_8pBU]1986 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 1 step with Meguiars D151 - YouTube[/video]

From this

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab120/Detailing101/IMG_0007.jpg

To this

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab120/Detailing101/IMG_0025.jpg

Hoytman
08-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Garry,

One sweet tranformation man. Very nice work on that Porche. You've been real busy lately with work. That's a good thing imo. Your work shows that you work hard too.

As far as my pm...don't sweat it man. You've got clients to take care of. Sure are lucky getting to work on some of those super nice cars. I'm real impressed with your work.

What camera are you using? It seems to do a real nice job for you. Oh and by the way...nice adjustments on the fly with your videos and camera work...uh hmmm...photo's to boot to suit the critics ha ha.

Jenn1270
08-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Pardon my ignorance but what is Autocross? I am assuming it is driving the car around on a motocross like course. My question would be....why the heck would you do that to a beautiful car like that.

Jenn

LuxuryMobile
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Awesome work and really like to modern aftermarket wheels on the older P car. Love it!

Nick McKees37
08-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Excellent work Garry. :dblthumb2:

Garry Dean
08-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Pardon my ignorance but what is Autocross? I am assuming it is driving the car around on a motocross like course. My question would be....why the heck would you do that to a beautiful car like that.

Jenn

Yes. Autocross is fun! Thats the only reason I know.

Awesome work and really like to modern aftermarket wheels on the older P car. Love it!

Thanks!

Garry,

One sweet tranformation man. Very nice work on that Porche. You've been real busy lately with work. That's a good thing imo. Your work shows that you work hard too.

As far as my pm...don't sweat it man. You've got clients to take care of. Sure are lucky getting to work on some of those super nice cars. I'm real impressed with your work.

What camera are you using? It seems to do a real nice job for you. Oh and by the way...nice adjustments on the fly with your videos and camera work...uh hmmm...photo's to boot to suit the critics ha ha.

Thanks bro. Yes sir, I do stay busy!

I am currently using a Canon Elph 100 HS.

Yeah, I try to please as many as possible. :buffing:

Garry Dean
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Excellent work Garry. :dblthumb2:

Thanks bro.

Flash Gordon
08-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Nice work Garry

Hoytman
08-22-2011, 08:39 PM
That Canon sure does the trick, for sure.

Don't know why I didn't mention it earlier, but that D151 seems to be a great AIO product. I've had my eye on some of it for awhile now. I would say it's a great product to own for a 1-step. I've noticed numerous vehicles posted on this forum where Meguire's D151 has produced stunning results.

PAR Detailing
08-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Looks good Gary. Great transformation

Garry Dean
08-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Nice work Garry

Thanks bro.

That Canon sure does the trick, for sure.

Don't know why I didn't mention it earlier, but that D151 seems to be a great AIO product. I've had my eye on some of it for awhile now. I would say it's a great product to own for a 1-step. I've noticed numerous vehicles posted on this forum where Meguire's D151 has produced stunning results.

Thanks. Its pretty good, but there are better aios out there IMO.

Looks good Gary. Great transformation

Thank you, sir.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Great job, Garry! :props:

What pad and polisher did you use?

andyo
08-22-2011, 09:25 PM
i like the older whale tails

http://image.motortrend.com/f/8303852+w750/112_0605_ptw_05z+porsche_classic_whale_tail+side_v iew.jpg

longdx
08-22-2011, 09:32 PM

Jenn

You pretty much have the idea covered. Autocross is usually set up in parking lots and is a timed event (you are racing the clock not anyone else). Generally, because the courses are set up in parking lots (usually weekends) the top speed is usually lower than 50mph and is very safe (minus clipping some occasional cones) and you are not pushing the car to failure. . All that is required is a car and a helmet and the obiligatory entrance fee.. The ideal car is rwd and light (i.e Mazda Miata). I imagine the 1986 Porsche 911 owner likes to push his car (safely and legally) and I rather have him/her do it there than on the street. These aircooled Porsches are pretty much bulletproof in reliabilty and quite good in skilled hands. (my meager pocketbook would look at a 1st/2nd gen Miata for those duties)

Garry Dean
08-23-2011, 06:20 AM
Great job, Garry! :props:

What pad and polisher did you use?

I used the Sonus orange pads and GG d/a.