PDA

View Full Version : black infinity

eaglefan
08-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone have expereience with infinity black paint? Doing a 2009 black g35 this sat. dont know if it has the self healing paint or not. I have 3m polish (heavy), power finish, micro finish, and white, orange, yellow, black and red pads with a gg buffer. Also have PB black hole. Will top it with BFWD and then BF wax. Dont know what to expect with the paint and polish. Paint is in really good shape only very minor swirls around car. All suggestions r welcome and appreciated

JonMiles
08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
If it is self-healing, a trick I learned to make the work easier and take advantage of the self-healing is to wax-strip, wash and clay the car in the shade then put the car in the sun for the afternoon. Then later pull it in the garage and do any polishing work that needs to be done after the paint has had a chance to self-heal. Heat is not your friend with the self-healing so a lighter polish and pad combo with a DA is a great idea. I have seen the self-healing paint look great after rotary polishing with a medium combo, then about an hour after the panel is wiped down and cools the swirls start to show again. Expect to do an extra step to achieve perfection.

eaglefan
08-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Will wash, clay, wash. Thinking of starting with white pad and power finish, followed by red pad and micro. If needed black hole glaze. I was very surprised at how well the paint looked. I dont have time to let it sit outside for very long. Anything special I need to look out for if this is the self healing paint?

Blackg35shine
09-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I own a black Infiniti g35 and personally, I haven't noticed if it is self healing or not.

I just do a normal wash with power washer
Dry down with mf
Clay down
Wash again
Then I go to my rotary pc 7424 xp and do swirl remover with white orange and yellow pads
Then after I do a normal polish and wax ( I believe with my orange, can't remember at the moment)

That is about it and my car comes out beautiful like none other. No swirls or anything.

Any more questions, ask me.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6cd0a0b-c4b2-b30e.jpg
http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6cd0a0b-c4c7-f668.jpg
http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6cd0a0b-c4dc-d53c.jpg

shoeless89
09-29-2011, 07:00 AM
I own a black Infiniti g35 and personally, I haven't noticed if it is self healing or not.

I just do a normal wash with power washer
Dry down with mf
Clay down
Wash again
Then I go to my rotary pc 7424 xp and do swirl remover with white orange and yellow pads
Then after I do a normal polish and wax ( I believe with my orange, can't remember at the moment)

The PC 7424 is not a rotary . . .

ride5150
09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
The PC 7424 is not a rotary . . .

LOL

Im the MAN

Dan C
09-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Self Healing???

Dan

Mobile detail
09-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Infinity has a paint the "heals itself". There is a thread on here that showcases it. It's actually really trippy and I don't know all the idosycnrocies (sp?) about it.

DLB
09-30-2011, 06:22 AM
Heat is not your friend with the self-healing so a lighter polish and pad combo with a DA is a great idea.This is it. Try to work on a cool surface and don't generate a lot of heat. You don't want to be working on the "gummy paint". I haven't had any issues out of any of the 35/37's, but I haven't ever gotten real aggressive on them either.

idosycnrocies (sp?)Idiosyncrasies :D That was a word I had for the spelling bee in 7th or 8th Grade.

DLB