PDA

View Full Version : Clean or Polish

galaxy
08-22-2011, 04:33 PM
So I want to try a different LSP process on the vehicles. No paint correction is needed, so my question is what would you guys do to prep the surface??

I'm thinking a real quick clay and then deciding between just a paint prep/cleaner (Mother's Pre Wax Cleaner probably) or once over with the Meguiars 205??

I guess the 205 will finish up any minor imperfections that may be there better than the cleaner, but...

What are your thoughts??

P.S. If it matters, I had two coats of BFWD topped with Pinnacle SSII. Gonna stick with the BFWD but try topping it with BFMS.

Kristopher1129
08-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I typically just wipe the panels down with alcohol, or mineral spirits. Does the trick for me. I know a lot of people here like to wash with Dawn to remove LSP as well. I've never done it that way...but I'm sure these folks know what they're doin, ha. :xyxthumbs:

Bunky
08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I will usually use a the Pre-wax cleaner if I do not do any correction.

jpegs13
08-22-2011, 06:33 PM
:iagree:

BobbyG
08-22-2011, 06:52 PM

:iagree: +2

Jenn1270
08-22-2011, 08:44 PM
After this weekend...I am definitely a fan of the pre wax cleaner.

poweraid
08-22-2011, 09:04 PM
After this weekend...I am definitely a fan of the pre wax cleaner.

what did u use Jenn? If I remember it was a pinnacle product? I just got some wg paintwork polish enhancer , haven't tried it yet. I plan to use this when no correction is needed and I'm only gonna do a panel here and there as time allows so I can re-wax or try something else .

Jenn1270
08-22-2011, 10:47 PM
what did u use Jenn? If I remember it was a pinnacle product? I just got some wg paintwork polish enhancer , haven't tried it yet. I plan to use this when no correction is needed and I'm only gonna do a panel here and there as time allows so I can re-wax or try something else .

Yes I used pinnacle. I've got some WG polish enhancer in the cart right now. Prior to the lotion, I'd polished it with 301 and wanted to remove the wax componant. Well after the lotion and the PB sealant with carnuba the flakes popped out. I know the people at work this morning thought I was nuts for walking around the car admiring the sparkly wet paint.

Jenn

shoeless89
08-23-2011, 08:45 AM

+alot :iagree:

Sometime's I'll wash with Dawn and sometimes not. I usually do a real quick clay on the major flat surfaces, hood, roof, trunk lid, ect. then use Griots Garage Pre-Wax cleaner to prep. I've had great results with it so far.

Buckskincolt
08-23-2011, 09:07 AM

Agree! I use WG PPE