PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Panel Cleaner

Marre
08-22-2011, 02:56 PM
What is a good product to clean the rather delicate plastic covering the instrument panels? A streak free chemical for plastic would be nice, however most of them appear too harsh for this type of plastic. Any recommendations?

trerc
08-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I use a soft microfiber and some interior dressing, always does a good job of cleaning instrument cluster lens IMO

reality33
08-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Einszett cockpit premium has my vote. I use it all the time on stuff like nav screens, instrument panels, etc

FussMan
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Einszett cockpit cleaner gets my vote as well.

Fussman

Dr Oldz
08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
UWWP gets my vote! :D

Flash Gordon
08-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Meguiars PlastX

Kristopher1129
08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I usually wax them with my finger, ha. Sounds weird...but if you use something with fillers in it, it will mask those little scratches.

don't necessarily have a product of choice for this. But, I have this gallon of Eagle One Nano sealant someone gave to me that has fillers in it. I basically use it for that to use it up. Nothing against the Eagle One stuff...but it goes on crazy thick, even with a DA. Drives me nuts. But hey...works great on instrument lenses, lol.

Flash Gordon
08-22-2011, 04:43 PM
I usually wax them with my finger, ha. Sounds weird...but if you use something with fillers in it, it will mask those little scratches.

don't necessarily have a product of choice for this. But, I have this gallon of Eagle One Nano sealant someone gave to me that has fillers in it. I basically use it for that to use it up. Nothing against the Eagle One stuff...but it goes on crazy thick, even with a DA. Drives me nuts. But hey...works great on instrument lenses, lol.

I have some of that junk (Nano) somewhere. I'll have to give it a try

Kurt_s
08-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Great question. I was wondering others were using this weekend.

I typically use a slightly water-damp MF followed by a clean dry MF or OG plastic polish.

The OG is good for headlights, cowl farings and plastic convertable windows that have yellowed too.

Kristopher1129
08-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I have some of that junk (Nano) somewhere. I'll have to give it a try

Stuff is ok. For a cheaper product it does it's job. But removing it isn't that pleasurable. It dusts, and kinda fights you a bit.

Old Tiger
08-22-2011, 05:26 PM
I like DP Plex-All

Jimmie
08-22-2011, 05:46 PM
I've been using DP Plex-All for a long time. Use it on the plastic instrument covers, and all the faux wood (probably lots of real wood too, lol).
Will clean, and protect. Good stuff. Oh, and a little goes a long way.

Marre
08-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Lots of great options listed. Sure am glad I asked! The only product I have on hand is the Maguiars PlastX. I had tried using it on my last car to clean the haze from the headlights but it was too mild to do anything. It has since been relegated to attempted cd scratch removal. I'll dig that out to use while I check out the other products recommended. The DP Plex- All sounds interesting as it cleans and protects, but I'm going to look at everything that is being mentioned.

tcfatboys
08-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Tornador + meguiar's all purpose cleaner, follow by a dressing of your choice. I also like meguiar's vinyl & palstic detailer. I guess is #40