PDA

View Full Version : Montana boars hair brushes

poweraid
08-22-2011, 12:00 PM
I would like to get a boars hair brush . there are the original , tri-head , and the round . leaning towards the round one . anyone here that uses these brushes please give me some feedback . which one works better, any pros-cons. I'd hate to spend that kinda moola on a brush and it not up to standard .

poweraid
08-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't mind spending the money on a good brush but if it just scratches to much or falls apart then I don't want it. have been looking at the griots mf pad that's on a extension also . a lot more cheaper and may do just a decent of job ? just need an ext brush to get at hard to reach places without using a ladder .

Nick McKees37
08-22-2011, 12:28 PM
The Montana Boar's Hair Brushes are great for cleaning larger vehicles, like trucks or SUV's. With the optional extension handle, there is no spot too tough to reach.

The key to successful washing with the Boar's Hair brush is to let the brush soak in a high quality shampoo for about 5 minutes before you use it. This will soften the bristles.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/July/IMG_0601.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/July/IMG_0602.JPG

It also doesn't take a lot of pressure for the brush to clean effectively. When I use the Boar's Hair Brush, I let the weight of the brush do the work, no added pressure is necessary.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/July/IMG_0605.JPG

Last, but certainly not least, is to rinse the brush often in a dedicated rinse bucket with a Grit Guard. :props:

oldmodman
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
I use this brush for cleaning door jams, underhood areas, and so on. May not be the size you had in mind but it's lasted a long time and is really useful. As a matter of fact I just bought another one.

1” Round Detailing Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/b15.html)

Twister
08-22-2011, 02:50 PM
I use the wheel brush for lower portions on my truck. It works really well and I haven't noticed any scratching. In fact I'm thinking of getting a larger one for the rest of the truck Just make sure to rinse often and it should be fine.

fredcandetail
08-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Nick how did washing in the full sun work out for you? What soap where you using? Did it help resist water spots ?

Old Tiger
08-22-2011, 06:08 PM
I have the 360 and the Round. I use them on the Ford. The aroma when you first use is a n experience I cant describe. I used mine the first time with Optimum Wash. SSmelled like a boar had feasted on blueberries and took a dump in my bucket! It will pass with time (pun intended)

poweraid
08-22-2011, 06:26 PM
how do u like the round one ? does it have enough bristles on it ? full head of hair? for me it's either gonna be the round one or the tri-angle one . cant make up mind I don't know which . I need to get roof of my truck (avatar), around the lights and back window , and then tops of SUVs

Nick McKees37
08-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Nick how did washing in the full sun work out for you? What soap where you using? Did it help resist water spots ?

Wolfgang Auto Bathe and frequent rinsing. :dblthumb2:

how do u like the round one ? does it have enough bristles on it ? full head of hair? for me it's either gonna be the round one or the tri-angle one . cant make up mind I don't know which . I need to get roof of my truck (avatar), around the lights and back window , and then tops of SUVs

Tri-angular. :props:

Old Tiger
08-22-2011, 06:46 PM
IME the 360 is the better brush for SUV's. The Round is small.

Jenn1270
08-22-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't mind spending the money on a good brush but if it just scratches to much or falls apart then I don't want it. have been looking at the griots mf pad that's on a extension also . a lot more cheaper and may do just a decent of job ? just need an ext brush to get at hard to reach places without using a ladder .

I use the GG MF on the extension poll. Works great. saves all the bending as well because you can hit the lower panels without killing your back.

Jenn

poweraid
08-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I looked at that Jenn . it has not left my mind yet. to get around my overhead lights I'm thinking I need something that's not particular flat , something with bristles. I'm gonna get the wookie and carpro washmitts also but if a boars hair works good and doesn't scratch the heck I may wash my whole truck with it . idk gotta try first. I got a bristle brush now that I got from "fleet farm" , is not particular made for washing vehicles, it might be a brush of some kind for animal washing . it is fairly soft but since I found ag here I just want the best .

5.4 Shelby
08-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I also use the GG MF handle brush for my truck and SUV. It works well. The only complaint is the head is double jointed and it sometimes is difficult to turn the way you want it to. It kinda sticks in certain positions. Also, be careful washing with other MF towels (I dont anymore). The velcro sticks to other MF towels and eventually starts to leave plastic loop debris on the MFs.

I use a GG boars hair (non handled) brush for the Mustang. It is very gentle. Works great.

Griots makes a handled Boars hair. I own it and dont use it. The handle is a flow through handle designed to hook up a hose. Even without the hose, it is very heavy.

I have never tried any of the Montana ones. I have heard of the fecal smell of them.

edit - I just went back and looked at Griots website. They have a handled boars brush that is not flow through. I dont have experience, but, maybe it is lighter.