PDA

View Full Version : couple thoughts from this weekend(Griots polish and pad selection)

60IN3
08-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I tried the Griots machine polish steps on a 2012 focus. Had a few light scratchs from the dealer and or driving the 1500 or so miles it had on it.

1st i tried Step 4 with the green LC CCS pad. Made the paint look better (deeper) but did nothing to remove the scratches.

Then tried Step 3 with the green LC CCS pad. Same thing. didn't remove the scratches.

Kinda confused at this point.... but when trying a new product i know there is a bit of re-learning involved.

Grabbed the tried and true M205 with the green pad. BAMB they were gone.

Went back to the Griots machine polish step 3 with the WHITE CCS pad and they started to come out. took a bit longer then the 205 but got the same results. I read alot about pad selection with the 205 on here and i normally go with the green pad but i see alot of people using the withe pad. I get great results with it just wondering why it seems the white pad is the go to pad with the 205? Personal preference will probably be the answer but just some thoughts.

Overall i was not the impressed with the Griots polishes. basically got the 4 step package to try them out and hopefully use the 3 & 4 steps on my new car preps and details. Next is the XMT stuff that they currently have BOGO.
Thanks for your input!

Chris