PDA

View Full Version : Just got my order

Lone_Star
02-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Well I just received my order from the UPS man, and I was hoping the weekend would be nice. Supposed to be -20 over the weekend. There goes any plans at playing around. Anyways, what should the consistency of my XMT Glaze be like? Thanks!

Jimmie
02-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Very, very thin. Recenty, members were talking about the XMT Glaze disappearing into their PC pad. I wound up finishing it by hand. Turned out good. Good stuff.

justin_murphy
02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Yep very thin. Shake the heck out of it!!!

Here's a tip for keeping the product at the surface of the pad.......

First, spay it a QD to dampen. Spread it in with your hands. Then take the product you wish to use. Put a couple of lines onto the pad. Rub it in with your fingers. Now, place the PC and Pad onto the paint's surface. Using a #4 setting, turn it on and just hold it down in one spot. NO MOVING IT!!! You want some heat to build. This is the best way to load up a pad for me. I learned this while using NXT......an equally thin product.

Lone_Star
02-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Ok good to know. I was afraid it got ruined in transit from the dang cold. Its 5 degrees here right now. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Surfer
02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Well I just received my order from the UPS man, and I was hoping the weekend would be nice. Supposed to be -20 over the weekend. There goes any plans at playing around. Anyways, what should the consistency of my XMT Glaze be like? Thanks!Move to FL, holy hell -20:eek: , you won't see me out below 40 LOL.

If you have a garage or at least a heater you could use in the garage you could still do some work if you have a rinseless wash.

Lone_Star
02-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Surfer, trust me I know. I moved up here from Texas for school. Live in an apartment complex so no garage.

Gary Sword
02-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Lone_Star you better move back south. Michigan is way to cold. I'm glad I got out of there. I do enjoy telling my family who still live there how nice the weather is in Florida.

Lone_Star
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks Gary! My dad likes to rub it in as well. I am thinking about moving back to Texas. Just depends on how the auto industry turns out.

FloridaNative
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Well I hope that the weather warms up enough for you to play around with your new toys. :) You could always try out your PC in the house too. When I first got my PC I polised a bunch of junk in my house so that I could get used to the machine before using it on my paint. :p