PDA

View Full Version : Why do you detail?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CaneCharger
08-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Maybe this is already a thread and I could not find it...

But why do you detail?

I used to love to detail and when I got my first car - 1985 Mustang GT - I could not even drive, but I spent two weeks cleaning that car!

When I stumbled on this site and really started doing research on "better" products I got hooked.

I love having nice and clean looking rides...It is quite the investment and I think keeping it up is a big deal.

I love how they look when your done - being competitive, I like challenges and hard work...

dad07
08-21-2011, 07:42 PM
In one word Mind Numbing Satisfaction! Oh wait that was 3 words oh well you get the picture!

-Longhorn-
08-21-2011, 07:46 PM
I used to love it...I still like it. I feel proud I own my own company and that I can take something trashed and make it beautiful again. Its my art. As of late though working a full time job, dealing with the stresses of an instable relationship and taking weekend detailing jobs has made me not want to do much of it. Just today I had to tell a client I couldnt finish their toy because of a domestic issue. That was not fair to them but they understood. I liked detailing because I am / was good at it. It was the only thing in life I was really good at lol.

JonMiles
08-21-2011, 07:46 PM
I detail my own car because I am embarrassed to drive a dirty car unless I'm on the way back from the mudhole. If my paint is not perfect, I feel like other people are looking at my car and myself saying "that guy has swirl marks all over his car." If my tires are showing brown it feels like having yellow sweat stains on the armpits of a white tee shirt. If my carpet is stained I feel like my feet are dirty too. If my dash is dusty it distracts me from the road.

I detail other people's cars because I'm good at it and enjoy a long day working in the heat and I can get paid for doing something that I enjoy. I also get a good feeling when I see a car becoming better inch by inch.

PA DETAILER
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
STRESS RELIEF!! love the look of my GMC all detailed and clean. therapy on a saturday morning after a long week at work.

D.Acker
08-21-2011, 07:53 PM
As stated above for me my vehicles are an investment, and I want to keep them in the best shape I can. I find it's stress relieving also.

snowking724
08-21-2011, 07:54 PM
<~~~, that's where it started anyway. Now I do some of my fan's cars as well and it's all about that instant gratification, and blowing $$$ on new products to try.Im the MAN

Flash Gordon
08-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Because my career in brain surgery never took off

david79z28
08-21-2011, 08:00 PM
I like my vehicles to be clean.

As I grow older I am finally able to have nice new vehicles and a toy. I intend to keep them looking their best as long as I own them.

Shane731
08-21-2011, 08:03 PM
why do you detail?

Because I'm too proud to beg and too dumb to be an engineer. :D

Nick McKees37
08-21-2011, 08:05 PM
STRESS RELIEF!!

This. :props:

rider9195
08-21-2011, 08:18 PM
I love the reward of seeing the final results and my mom says I seem happier when detailing. :laughing:

Jenn1270
08-21-2011, 08:19 PM
STRESS RELIEF!! love the look of my GMC all detailed and clean. therapy on a saturday morning after a long week at work.

I know what you mean. I LOVE my new job but like to sleep late. On the other hand I will wake up early on the weekends to wash the car before it gets hot outside.

Jenn

Robert8194
08-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Stress relief. And I like having my cars look good. It gives me satisfaction to be able to see something clean that used to be dirty. And it gives me an excuse to buy neat toys from AG.

Jaretr1
08-21-2011, 09:23 PM
It is a form of therapy I suppose. I get "lost" while I am detailing my cars. It also fuels my OCD.