PDA

View Full Version : Another wasted weekend

alko
08-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Well...I was supposed to detail my first customers car today. The plan was for her to drop the car off last night, since she lives about 30 minutes away, and for me to get a head start and I was to finish today. Well...we had a bad storm come through Friday night and a branch came down on her car. Three big huge creases, roof, rear pillar, and rear quarter panel. I told her to get the car fixed first and then I'll detail it. *Sigh*

At the least I washed my car last night and finally got a chance to use my new blower. It works GREAT!!! Thanks BobbyG for the recommendation!!!Im the MAN

PA DETAILER
08-21-2011, 11:34 AM
and.........which blower may i ask? i have been looking for one.

ziggo99
08-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Well...I was supposed to detail my first customers car today. The plan was for her to drop the car off last night, since she lives about 30 minutes away, and for me to get a head start and I was to finish today. Well...we had a bad storm come through Friday night and a branch came down on her car. Three big huge creases, roof, rear pillar, and rear quarter panel. I told her to get the car fixed first and then I'll detail it. *Sigh*

At the least I washed my car last night and finally got a chance to use my new blower. It works GREAT!!! Thanks BobbyG for the recommendation!!!Im the MAN

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/0814100856.jpg
I know that feel. That was a year ago this month....Best of luck getting it fixed.

alko
08-21-2011, 12:54 PM
and.........which blower may i ask? i have been looking for one.

Troy Built TB197BV

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/alk0/toys.jpg

Definitely worth the $59 bucks. DO NOT get the model under this one...I got it and took it back...didn't work no where near as well as this one. Thanks again BobbyG!

alko
08-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I know that feel. That was a year ago this month....Best of luck getting it fixed.

oooooohhhhh man!!!! Did they total the car out?! It pains me to see this. I advised the girl to go to a paintless dent remover like Dent Masters and get it fixed. It wasn't bad at all. Nothing like what happened to you...sheesh!!!!!

Jenn1270
08-21-2011, 12:59 PM

That happened to my car when I was in college. Unfortunately it was totaled because the tree was so heavy the tires splayed out and the engine was sitting on the ground. Hopefully they can fix it for her.

Jenn

alko
08-21-2011, 01:02 PM
That happened to my car when I was in college. Unfortunately it was totaled because the tree was so heavy the tires splayed out and the engine was sitting on the ground. Hopefully they can fix it for her.

Jenn

I'm so paranoid about hail damage when the storms get bad out here. Lately they've been nothing like I've ever seen...really violent. The thing that sucks about ole girl is that her car still has temp tags on them....I would have cried....literally. She's the reason I hurried up and purchased a bunch of stuff for the side business. I wanted to get it done before she went a month with the new car.

-Longhorn-
08-21-2011, 01:09 PM
I cant believe anyone hasnt said this yet but....That'll buff right out.

alko
08-21-2011, 01:11 PM

ahhhhhahahahahhah I know right?! That was wide open for anyone LOL!!!:buffing:

david79z28
08-21-2011, 01:43 PM

You beat me to it!!!!

Jenn1270
08-21-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm so paranoid about hail damage when the storms get bad out here. Lately they've been nothing like I've ever seen...really violent. The thing that sucks about ole girl is that her car still has temp tags on them....I would have cried....literally. She's the reason I hurried up and purchased a bunch of stuff for the side business. I wanted to get it done before she went a month with the new car.

That's sad. I didn't realize it was brand new. The one I lost was a piece of crap 1987 tempo my parents brought new and had to have the computer replaced 4 times before it got totaled. Otherwise it would rev up on it's on and if I didn't slam the clutch in would run over everyone in front of me.

Jenn

Jenn

BobbyG
08-21-2011, 02:11 PM

I just hope the leaf blower had nothing to do with the tree falling on her car!! :eek:

alko
08-21-2011, 02:17 PM
I just hope the leaf blower had nothing to do with the tree falling on her car!! :eek:

LOL! Man does that thing have power!