PDA

View Full Version : tire dressing

lolac5
03-04-2006, 05:59 PM
he guys what has been your experience with using tire dressings, as far as ease of use, durability, and sticking to the tire and not being thrown of on to the paint. thanks lola

ScottB
03-04-2006, 06:07 PM
One of the things I have found, is no matter the dressing, if you do not properly dry the tires first, then the dressing cannot dry properly and sling over the paint. Also noted that gel formula's take a little longer to dry, but seem to have a bit more strength against a little shower or puddle. Aerosols look nice initially, but cannot find a way to stop some of the cloud of protectant to get on the paint.

Using a leaf blower on the wheels/tires goes a long way in removing the water that stays in the ribbing on Goodyear tires. I recently put Toyo's on the wifes car, and while the side-walls look plain (Proxies), I have noticed quick drying action and no sling.

Miami_Sunset
03-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Im not a big fan of water b***ed products anymore. Bold N' Bright is now used to QD my tires when i QD my car. I now use 4-star & Black Onyx because they look so much better & last much longer.

BlkTac05
03-04-2006, 10:09 PM
It's good practice to clean & dry your tires thoroughly before applying dressing. To help prevent sling, apply gel dressing with a tire swipe and let it soak in for an hour before buffing off the excess. As for water based dressings, spray it on evenly & let it soak in for an hour. ( you may apply with a tire swipe if you choose ) then buff with a microfiber or terry cloth towel. A second application ( gel or water based ) might also be used to suite your taste.

Detail_Guy
03-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I love the new Mothers' FX Tire Shine. It leave a nice shine... but not a "crazy" shine. The "lotion" consistency is easy to apply and doesn't seem to sling. Durability is also very good.

klnyc
03-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Try Meg#38 :D

02 Z06
03-05-2006, 05:35 AM
ive been using the meguires high gloss endurance tire gel. the smell is an awesome grape and without restraint id almost be tempted to drink it.... i wipe it on and wait and do another coat as the directions say. havnt had any problems with sling and durability is decent but not near as long as advertised.

White95Max
03-05-2006, 08:34 AM
I use PB's Natural Look almost exclusively now, because it's so easy to use and looks terrific. I like Wolfgang tire gel a lot, but some tires are too stiff and don't want to "accept" the more viscous gels. NL is thinner, and easy to spread on any tire.

sooper
03-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I like Meg's Natural Shine Endurance gel. Been using it for about 6 months, good durability.

Djmigs
03-05-2006, 04:46 PM
im with 02 ZO6 & sooper regarding Megs endurance gel for personal vehicle for customers i use hyper dressing

joe.p
03-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I have mothers FX and don't feel that it works for me ,i have given it a second chance before putting it to use on my wheel wells. Megs tire Gel is another dressing that dose'nt work for my tires(should have said tires in the first place) my GoodYear tires have too many grooves around the tire and thicker dressings seem to work better on a smoother surface. The No Touch leaves to much of an overspray. PBs BNB is the dressing i keep coming back too.when i use PBs BNB i spray it on a E-One Tire Swipe apply it to the tire and just let it dry without buffing ,this is what works best on my tires..

BlkTac05
03-06-2006, 12:24 AM
The tire dressings I use the most are Zaino Z16,Chemcial Guy's Clear Liquid Extreme Shine, AA, Meg's #38 & Poorboy's Bold-n-Bright. Within the past 2 months, I've discovered Mothers Reflections Advanced Tire Care. Great Sprayer & a terrific dressing producing a satin finish.

Len Wernicke
03-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Anyone ever use Stonner Tie Dressing? Used it, like it alot but hard to find.