PDA

View Full Version : Oh no!!

Pages : [1] 2

jbone
08-20-2011, 11:58 AM
A terrible thought just crossed my mind. Simple Yes or No will do

Can I wash my body rags, interior rags and wheel rags in the same washer load?

BobbyG
08-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes..

Personally I like to prewash them all together in a pail of hot water and detergent. Once they've soaked for a hour or so in the washer they go with the right amount of detergent. Some like to toss in a little white vinegar in the rinse as it's reported so soften them up a bit..

:welcome: To Autogeek Online!

JRivers
08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
What about OxyClean? Any body uses it when washing rags or even MF towels??

BobbyG
08-20-2011, 12:10 PM

I've used it and found it to work very well....I used the liquid is that helps at all.

jbone
08-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Whoa, that was close!

Yeah, vinegar, I can see that working.
Presoak. Nice.

thanks

JRivers
08-20-2011, 01:10 PM
I've used it and found it to work very well....I used the liquid is that helps at all.

Thanks!

DaGonz
08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I presoak my microfiber toweling in a solution of Zep Citrus cleaner and hot water, then toss them into the washing machine.

I wash keep the ones I use for polishing and wax/sealant removal separately. As my microfibers get old, I relegate the older ones for "grunge work"...

I also presoak my compounding, polishing and waxing pads in Zep and hot water.

BillyJack
08-20-2011, 04:47 PM

I've been using an oxygen product as a pre-soak on all my MF's and pads, both foam and wool. I can't get over how dirty the water gets! More often than not, I'll just rinse them out and put them back into service without ever firing up the washer.

Bill

Klink10
08-20-2011, 04:55 PM
I presoak my microfiber toweling in a solution of Zep Citrus cleaner and hot water, then toss them into the washing machine.

I wash keep the ones I use for polishing and wax/sealant removal separately. As my microfibers get old, I relegate the older ones for "grunge work"...

Interested in knowing what your solution ratio is and how long of a pre-soak?

Jeff120
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I do everything but wheel rags together. They may have metal particles on them from the brakes/rotors.

Flash Gordon
08-20-2011, 07:57 PM
< Oddball here

I wash all my towels sepretately (windows, body, interior, grunts) takes me forever to care for these things. Funny thing is with my clothes, I just toss them in altogether and walk away

timaishu
08-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I wash everything all in one load. Rarely do I separate.

No marring or anything, so Im sure its fine.

Since I do the two bucket method. What I do is dump all the towels I used in the clean water bucket and fill it with more water and the reaming soap suds up and thats my pre-rinse. Ill soak them for 24-48 hours till I get around to wash and I then scrub the filthy ones on the grit guard and most all the loose contaminents will get pulled off.

Then into the wash they all go.

Jenn1270
08-20-2011, 08:32 PM
I wash everything all in one load. Rarely do I separate.

No marring or anything, so Im sure its fine.

Since I do the two bucket method. What I do is dump all the towels I used in the clean water bucket and fill it with more water and the reaming soap suds up and thats my pre-rinse. Ill soak them for 24-48 hours till I get around to wash and I then scrub the filthy ones on the grit guard and most all the loose contaminents will get pulled off.

Then into the wash they all go.

I like your system. I guess you can throw in some degreaser if they are especially grungy

truckbutt
08-20-2011, 09:00 PM

+1 on the Zep.

Y2KSVT
08-20-2011, 09:32 PM
We dropped $2k on this combo. If they can't get the towels clean when they're all together, I'd be ticked! And my wife probably wouldn't let me wash my towels in "her" washing machine any longer. :laughing:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/Knoximous/IMG_3332.jpg