PDA

View Full Version : Durable wax

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Prophizee
08-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey guys I have a silver Nissan rouge. It's not garage kept sad to say and I was wondering what a great wax that is extremely durable... Or sealant which obviously will be mote durable then wax. Thanks in advance for all the help

Capa1970
08-20-2011, 11:36 AM
I use Duragloss and the next day apply some Collinite. Both products are extremely durable and affordable and give a very good glow.

dchristo
08-20-2011, 11:46 AM
wolfgang paint sealant topped with collinite 845

BobbyG
08-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Great suggestions from all the guys!

Sealants are synthetic or man made waxes. They last a good long time and can be layered to add additional brilliance, depth, and protection. There are quite a number is quality sealants available and once the finish is prepared sealants apply very easily.

Paint Sealants like Klasse, Wolfang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/was.html)

I generally add a wax over a sealant and one of my favorites is Collinite 845.

Collinite 845 is creamy and lays down gorgeously thin when applied with my Porter Cable 7424 polisher and a red foam pad. 3 dime sized dots of Collinite 845 with adequately cover the entire hood of my truck and then some. This give you a glimpse of how little product it takes to be very effective. Waxes work well over sealants bit not the other way around..

There are additional product taking the detailing world by storm called nano coatings. One sold through Autogeek is Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 and from what I've read it's amazing in both terms of shine and longevity.

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating FREE BONUS (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-coat.html)

CarPro CQuartz - CQuartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection, CQuartz nano coating, nano paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-kit.html)

There are others on the market which appear to be quite good but these are quality coating and can easily be purchased here through Autogeek..

hoyt66
08-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant has my vote. I read alot of people like Collinate 845. I have that on my radar.

pfix
08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
For waxes, the Collonite line is hard to beat for durability, good looks and an affordable price. 915 paste and 845 liquid are my 2 favorites.

If you want a really durable LSP combo try DG 501 topped with 845. One of the best for durability in my opinion and again they won't hurt your wallet and they look fantastic on all colors.

HighEndDetail
08-20-2011, 12:09 PM
For a wax collinite 845 and a for sealant DP poli-coat paint sealant. Both very good long lasting products..

JRivers
08-20-2011, 12:12 PM
If may I suggests Poor Booy's Exsealant W/carnauba...applies very easy and a little goes a long way.

Dr Oldz
08-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Collinite 845, 915
Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Or a coating such as Opti-Coat

My choices for durability anyways

ScottB
08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Rejex , Collonite, DP Poliseal

FussMan
08-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Opti-Seal topped with Optimum Spray Wax .....the entire process will take less than 20 minutes and the outcome is as good as it gets. And its very cost effective

Good Luck

Fussman

Bobby B.
08-20-2011, 02:24 PM
The Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant & Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax is a great combo for durability.

Jimmie
08-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Light colors. DG105 & Aquawax.

Prophizee
08-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Thats alot great info guys i am going too do some research on all the products that you guys advised me to get and see where i go from there. Thank you gentlemen once again.

Julesh
08-21-2011, 08:03 AM
I got some wolfgang 3.0 sealant in my stainless steel sink when I cleaned my pads. It pushed water off the sink for about a week despite being bombarded daily with dawn and harsh foods. I kept turning on the water just to watch it spread away from the sealed patch as soon as I turned the water off. Seems pretty durable.

Ive got it on two cars and its really easy to apply.
I would get a good sealant and reapply every 3 months. Sealants are easier to use than most waxes.
Weather, sun, rain, pollutant exposure will decide how long it last. Its hard for someone else to say how long it will last on your car.
But sealants are so easy to reapply that they are a no brainer. I also have wolfgang sealant spritz and I throw that on after I wash to give some more protectant.
My advice is get something that is easy to apply and reapply before it breaks down. The prep work of claying and polishing is the hard part but you shouldnt have to do that every time you reapply a sealant.