PDA

View Full Version : The Guzzler Cobra Towel Review

row011
08-20-2011, 05:44 AM
Hey All,

Thought I would give some feedback on the Cobra Guzzler MF Towel which I got from this kit
Cobra Total Microfiber Tool Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/tomitokit.html)

Do you need to wash these towels before you use it out of the box?

Not entirely impressed with the performance of the towel after the first use, it left streaks of water in a lot of places and didnt seem to absorb a great deal of water with one pass. I rung out the towel when ever it needed it, without going over board.

So does anyone know what I might of done wrong... Ive been using a different brand of towel which was great, but after listening to everyone here the Guzzler sounded better.

To wash the car is use a zaino car wash Z7, with the Cobra Wash MITT and rinsed the car off, letting the water run over the paint without spraying it.. you know what i mean.

Thanks all any comments appreciated.

Cat ji
08-20-2011, 06:36 AM
I find it works well - I blot the surfaces by laying the towel out, lifting it off, laying it over the next section, lifting and wringing. Even when it's quite wet, it still absorbs most of the water on the next wet section. The surfaces are not absolutely dry but then I use Prima Hydro. Sometimes I first blow off most of the water with a small blower, sometimes I blot dry first and then use the blower to blow the water out of the front grille and windscreen wiper area and then blot again.

I haven't tried any other drying towels because the guzzler works good enough. I've got two of them but I haven't felt the need to use both - I just keep wringing it out.

BobbyG
08-20-2011, 06:38 AM
I've found it takes a few uses of soaking then drying these towels before they become really useful. Washing them prior to use will probably accomplish the same thing.

Many here rave about the Mothers drying towel. I don't have one but if I can remember one day while I'm out I'll pick one up just to compare.

Cat ji
08-20-2011, 07:44 AM
I wash everything new before I use it. Fabric is stored in rolls at the factory, then it goes to the cutting and edging process, then stored, then packaged for shipping to retailers. Then unpacked and then packaged for shipping to the customer.
So, dust and people"s hands.
If it's Meguiar's, it hangs on the rack in the shop and people handle it.

"Minimize the potential."

Most fabrics become more absorbent after they're washed once or twice. Like new bath towels, that I wouldn't use before washing even though any dust or whatever wouldn't marr my skin. :)

Tell you a story...
I work for a large retail clothing group. Once upon a time, a customer bought a dress and when she wore it she got a serious skin rash, so she returned it and complained. Investigation showed that it was full of embalming fluid and so on - someone had previously bought it, used it on a corpse for a funeral and then returned it to the shop.
:0

truckbutt
08-20-2011, 07:51 AM
I don't know about the Cobra's, but a lot of fabrics are treated with a chemical to make them look fluffier at the time of sale that interferes with their ability to absorb water. As Bobby pointed out, washing them before using them the first time solves the problem.
I know some people will laugh at this but I've been using the Absorber towel in large size for years. They are amazing. I don't get any streaking. Just wring it out and put it back in its container till the next time. They wash out easily in warm water and a little Zep Citrus Concentrated Liquid. That's all I use for drying.

row011
08-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks for all your replies.

I will wash the towel in the washing machine with warm water and let you know next time I use it.

Hopefully it will be all good.

Meghan
08-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I've found it takes a few uses of soaking then drying these towels before they become really useful. Washing them prior to use will probably accomplish the same thing.

Many here rave about the Mothers drying towel. I don't have one but if I can remember one day while I'm out I'll pick one up just to compare.

I find my guzzler gets better with age!

BobbyG
08-20-2011, 10:02 AM
I find my guzzler gets better with age!

Meghan, this couldn't be more true!! :props:

I also found this to be similar with Cobra's glass towel.

Initially their absorbancy was marginal however after a couple of washing the performance improvement was like night and day... The blue Cobra waffle weave glass towels are the best I've ever used. I bought a dozen or so about a year ago and when I do use them I'm still amazed at how well they work especially with Meguiar's Glass Cleaner..

05xrunner
08-20-2011, 10:05 AM
I have 2 of these towels..I like them alot..I use the first towel to pickup the heavy water..then the 2nd towel to go back over to finish it up..just do that for each section and i have it dried off pretty quick..these things are so much better then those Guzzler HD..I hated that thing it was so hard to work with cause it was so stiff

kimtyson
08-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Meghan, this couldn't be more true!! :props:

LOL! So, that's what we've gotten to? I was so tempted but decided to be a gentleman.

ScottB
08-20-2011, 01:05 PM
the green guzzlers rock ... dont use fabric softner when washing as it will reduce ability to soak water.

BobbyG
08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
LOL! So, that's what we've gotten to? I was so tempted but decided to be a gentleman.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/mutley.gif I have to admit this did take me a second or two to figure out where you were going with this and once I did I laughed my butt off!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good One! :props:

shrtbull
08-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I didn't like mine at first. Now I use a blower and than the guzzler, works great like that!

Gary