PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys finish this with?

tuscarora dave
08-19-2011, 07:37 PM
I have a sample of PO85RD somewhere but can't seem to find it. This was done with PB Master Cut and followed with M-205. Pretty good finish now but I'd like to do one last step just to see if I can get any more gloss. I am thinking Optimum Finish.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/050-5.jpg

2kredbb6
08-19-2011, 07:40 PM
M205 on a black/grey pad?

Dr Oldz
08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Soft or hard paint? DA or rotary?

Kurt_s
08-19-2011, 07:56 PM
I used Opt Finish on a Black Porsche last summer and followed with Fuzion. My buddy was over for dinner on Sunday and mentioned that he is still getting compliments. Mark (07 z-06) mentioned that he really liked the Sonax nano polish and finish wax on black. He thought it finished better than Optimum Finish.

What vehicle is it?

I have a sample of PO85RD somewhere but can't seem to find it. This was done with PB Master Cut and followed with M-205. Pretty good finish now but I'd like to do one last step just to see if I can get any more gloss. I am thinking Optimum Finish.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/050-5.jpg

tuscarora dave
08-19-2011, 08:10 PM
M205 on a black/grey pad?
that was the step I just finished doing. Any suggestions of a finer polish?

Soft or hard paint? DA or rotary?
Semi Hard Toyota clear, bumpers are Single stage soft black paint. Rotary or 3401. I just want to see what you all are using on black.

I used Opt Finish on a Black Porsche last summer and followed with Fuzion. My buddy was over for dinner on Sunday and mentioned that he is still getting compliments. Mark (07 z-06) mentioned that he really liked the Sonax nano polish and finish wax on black. He thought it finished better than Optimum Finish.

What vehicle is it?
I like the Optimum Finish. It's annoying me that I can't find that PO85RD. It's an 05 Solara. The same car I used for the Poorboy's World Master Cut review. I have all the compounding done and just polished the hood and one front fender out with 205 on 3401 with red PB VC finishing pad. The pic is of the fender at dark thirty.

Dr Oldz
08-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I like UltraFina or 85rd personally on a rotary. If you are stuck PM me, I have some if you can't get it shipped in time. Altho I am about 80 miles or so away from u.

tuscarora dave
08-19-2011, 08:36 PM
I like UltraFina or 85rd personally on a rotary. If you are stuck PM me, I have some if you can't get it shipped in time. Altho I am about 80 miles or so away from u.
Oh thanks so much for the offer. I am not stuck, I just have extra time to goof a little with this one and like interacting on the forums at night so I thought I would post this question to see what others are doing. I am sure the car would look amazing If I just threw a coat of sealant on it now but just wanted to try to take this one over the edge. Maybe I'll gram a bottle of 3M ultrafine tomorrow to play around with.

rakkvet
08-19-2011, 09:44 PM
x2 on the Ultrafina. I'm loving the awesome jeweling it does. I put it on a black 96 Corvette C4 and then finished with BFWD. Looked like glass.

Mobile detail
08-19-2011, 11:05 PM
I've been using p106 for final polishing and really like the results. I use flex rotory and red hydro pad. Is thier much difference between 106 & p85rd?