PDA

View Full Version : 48% dont wax their cars

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
08-19-2011, 12:32 PM
:eek: Insider Report (http://www.consumerautomotiveresearch.com/InsiderReport/InsiderReportV1I3.htm)

second article. guess we are the 50% that care. :xyxthumbs:

kronos
08-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I would have thought the percentage was much higher than that. The piece does give pretty good advice though.

Setec Astronomy
08-19-2011, 01:11 PM
guess we are the 50% that care. :xyxthumbs:

Our group is about 1%

guess23959
08-19-2011, 01:27 PM
i have to disagree with the hot water remark. in the winter i use hot water cause common sense if i use cold my hands, the ground, and the car itself is going to freeze. thats a must do when at least hosing off salt/sand.

and i think people dont wax their cars because they dont realize that old wax has to be removed before applying new wax cause if you keep applying coat after coat of wax, it's going to buildup and eventually fade the surface. (i learned that from automotive great, chip foose!)

JRivers
08-19-2011, 02:28 PM
What can I say?? I was one of those that did not wax nor take care of my vehicles...but now, I can't stop thinking about it! :D

panthercz
08-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I would have thought the percentage was much higher than that. The piece does give pretty good advice though.

+1
I would have guessed 75% don't wax their cars.

qaz393
08-19-2011, 02:35 PM
i think it will be less, the number comes from turtle wax. if they say 10% wax their car, then people would think that they do not need to wax their cars.

also some people consider the tunnel wash with wax option is a good wax that last too.

brawl
08-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I always observe the beading on every car here. I seldom, very seldom, see a car that has beads on it. Other than mine of course.

ExoticAutoDetai
08-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I believe it is higher, I mean waxing your car the right way not just applying wax on top of an old layer of wax.

Larry A
08-19-2011, 08:47 PM
I think that very few people wax there cars Im not talking about the once a year waxers. I work for a Toyota dealership, and the cars I see if older then 4 years old, maybe 4 out of 1 hundred will get waxed regularly. I dont see many people that vacuum there cars.Ive seen cars that are a year old with 15000 miles on them and there pig styes.Its ashame.

Rei86
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM
People don't like to wash their cars, not only that Auto Bell the local car wash chain makes boqu amounts of cash on weekends.

So yeah people only wash and wax their cars probably MOST in the USA just for that nostalgia feel when their parents or someone in their family did it way back then.

rakkvet
08-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the link. I'm suprised it's as high as it is too.

I look at the water beading on cars when it rains too. It rained today and a coworker and I looked at all the windshields to see who had "appropriated" Aquapel and put it on their windshields. Busted!

I think one of the reasons some people don't wax their cars is some of them live by us and see the production we make out of cleaning our cars.

For example:

two buckets for washing
separate microfibers for everything
clay bars
rotary polisher
da polisher
4", 5" and 6" pads
wheel cleaners
the list goes on and on

Put yourself in their shoes. It's a wonder we don't induce panic attacks.

fredcandetail
08-19-2011, 09:15 PM
and i think people dont wax their cars because they dont realize that old wax has to be removed before applying new wax cause if you keep applying coat after coat of wax, it's going to buildup and eventually fade the surface. (i learned that from automotive great, chip foose!)[/QUOTE]

I disagree with the above statement you don't have to remove old wax before applying new wax...

yakky
08-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Wonder how much of that group is thinking they waxed the car when they paid the extra dollar for it in the carwash?

Flash Gordon
08-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Wonder how much of that group is thinking they waxed the car when they paid the extra dollar for it in the carwash?

lol ^ probally 46 of the 48%