PDA

View Full Version : does this idea work...

bambo2888
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Can I apply the following products in this order without any bonding problems:

XMT Glaze, then wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, and finally a carnauba of my choice

Also, if I applied a cleaner wax, maybe NXT, how far does it take the cleaning, past the sealant and glaze?

Please offer any advice. Thanks guys.

nick19
02-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Can I apply the following products in this order without any bonding problems:

XMT Glaze, then wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, and finally a carnauba of my choice

Also, if I applied a cleaner wax, maybe NXT, how far does it take the cleaning, past the sealant and glaze?

Please offer any advice. Thanks guys.
The only "glaze" you can put a sealant ontop of are DP's "Finishing" glaze, and WG's DGS. You can apply your wax of choice, after a 24-hour "curing" period. Try to not expose the paint to water during this period. If it's going to rain or snow within the next 2 days, I would wait. JMO.

What are you trying to achieve when using a cleaner wax? I know NXT wax has some light cleaners in it. Are you looking to "prep" the paint, or just looking at a cleaner-wax?

Hope this helps...

-Nick :cheers:
5-Star Auto Detailing

bambo2888
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
well, I usually give the car a wash on Sundays with a few QD during the week. At this time, i would like to apply a wax to give it that "just waxxed" look. should i just stick to the carnauba instead of the NXT?

is DGS the deep gloss sealant? you referred to it as a glaze. all the products I have mentioned thus far I have, what is my best bet for what I am looking to do?

nick19
02-01-2007, 08:20 PM
well, I usually give the car a wash on Sundays with a few QD during the week. At this time, i would like to apply a wax to give it that "just waxxed" look. should i just stick to the carnauba instead of the NXT?

is DGS the deep gloss sealant? you referred to it as a glaze. all the products I have mentioned thus far I have, what is my best bet for what I am looking to do?

I meant WG Finishing Glaze, I'm sorry. I was in the middle of eating.

A spay wax or spray sealant is probably your best bet, unless you wish to wax every weekend.

Crystal Mist, WG DGSS (spay sealant) would be the top IMO. There are many others out there as well..

5-Star Auto Detailing

FloridaNative
02-01-2007, 08:21 PM

XMT glaze has carnauba in it and will create bonding issues for the sealant you want to apply. Your best bet would be to either do the XMT glaze followed with a carnauba wax or do just the sealant (DGS is Wolfgang's deep gloss paint sealant) and skip the glaze beforehand. You can always top the sealant with a carnauba as well for extra wetness. I would advise against using NXT wax as the topper as it has cleaners in it that can compromise your sealant underneath. I hope this helps. :)

bambo2888
02-01-2007, 08:44 PM
yes, this all helps a lot. would you all suggest the DGS over the XMT glaze, since i have to pick one. also, what should i do if i want to wax each week, in the rare occasion that I want to?

bambo2888
02-01-2007, 08:52 PM
and... what is the difference between the sealant and glaze?

nick19
02-01-2007, 08:55 PM
yes, this all helps a lot. would you all suggest the DGS over the XMT glaze, since i have to pick one. also, what should i do if i want to wax each week, in the rare occasion that I want to?

The only glazes I would recommend using, under a sealant are DP's Finishing Glaze, and WG Finishing Glaze. With either one of those, you can top the glaze (no curing or drying required) with a sealant of your choice. WGDGS does wonders ontop of either glaze.

OR, you can do XMT Finishing Glaze, followed by a wax. You cannot apply a sealant ontop of XMT.

Looks like this..

DP's Finishing Glaze>WGDGS or your sealant of choice>wax of your choice

WG's Finishing Glaze>WGDGS or your sealant of choice>wax of your choice

OR

XMT Finishing Glaze>wax of your choice

I hope this helps with the bonding issues... :cheers:

-Nick
5-Star Auto Detailing

bambo2888
02-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Thank you so much, Nick. That last post was exactly what I was looking for. Phew, takes care of that one.

nick19
02-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Thank you so much, Nick. That last post was exactly what I was looking for. Phew, takes care of that one.

Glad I could be of help... take care bud. :cheers:

-Nick
5-Star Auto Detailing

bambo2888
02-01-2007, 09:29 PM
ah wait, we all knew this was coming.... DP finishing glaze or WG finishing glaze?

Matt S.
02-01-2007, 09:30 PM
The only glazes I would recommend using, under a sealant are DP's Finishing Glaze, and WG Finishing Glaze. With either one of those, you can top the glaze (no curing or drying required) with a sealant of your choice. WGDGS does wonders ontop of either glaze.

OR, you can do XMT Finishing Glaze, followed by a wax. You cannot apply a sealant ontop of XMT.

Looks like this..

DP's Finishing Glaze>WGDGS or your sealant of choice>wax of your choice

WG's Finishing Glaze>WGDGS or your sealant of choice>wax of your choice

OR

XMT Finishing Glaze>wax of your choice

I hope this helps with the bonding issues... :cheers:

-Nick
5-Star Auto Detailing

:iagree:

nick19
02-01-2007, 09:31 PM
ah wait, we all knew this was coming.... DP finishing glaze or WG finishing glaze?

Either or... both high-quality products.

I have DP's, as you can use it before polishing to remove waxes, and contamination.

You can't go wrong with either one..

5-Star Auto Detailing

bambo2888
02-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Either or... both high-quality products.

I have DP's, as you can use it before polishing to remove waxes, and contamination.

You can't go wrong with either one..

5-Star Auto Detailing

sweet, thanks again Im the MAN

nick19
02-01-2007, 10:02 PM
sweet, thanks again Im the MAN

No problem man... :cheers:

-Nick