PDA

View Full Version : Having a few problems with my tornador.

ShineTimeDetail
08-18-2011, 11:45 PM
I gave my gun to a local guy that sells these guns because my trigger didn't work and one of the tubes inside was cracked. He kinda fixed it but it still isn't right.

When he gave it back the trigger worked but it shots fluid out while the gun is plugged in. Also it doesn't have the pressure it should have. I thought maybe the compressor wasn't working but my air gun works just fine. Any idea mainly to why the gun has low pressure?

Kristopher1129
08-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Just off the top of my head...here's a couple things I've had to do to fix my own Tornadors. I don't know if any of these will help you...but it's tough to problem solve without seeing it in person...

First off...buying the repair kits for the cone, and straw is pretty much necessary after a while. Just replace the whole thing.

I've also had to clean out the little filter at the bottom of the steel weight inside the canister. It sometimes gets clogged and won't produce product correctly.

As for the low pressure...my only guess is that pressure is leaking out from somewhere other than the correct exits. I would pull the cone off, and check the straw to be sure it was screwed back in correctly. Once you pull the cone off...you should be able to plug in the Tornador and hold the straw in place and pull the trigger. I usually put it up to my face since both hands are occupied to feel for leaked air.

If there is leaked air...it's most likely coming from a crack in the straw, or through the threads that lead into the gun.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

If it comes down to it...I'd be happy to take a look at it for you if you wanted to ship it. I know it would cost a few bucks...but, beats buying a new Tornador (If I can fix it that is, ha).

ShineTimeDetail
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Are you talking(straw) about the tube the fluid its self comes out of?

Kristopher1129
08-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Are you talking(straw) about the tube the fluid its self comes out of?

Yes. I find that most the time that's what is causing me problems.

ShineTimeDetail
08-19-2011, 04:07 PM
It's been changed

ShineTimeDetail
08-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Is there a number to call to talk to the makers?

Kristopher1129
08-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Is there a number to call to talk to the makers?

Not that I know of. I do know that Detail King sells all of the parts for it. Maybe someone there can help you out.

ShineTimeDetail
08-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Yea I'm waiting on a call from a guy there. Im going to running a living social 50% off ad this winter.