PDA

View Full Version : Sealant on windows

Pages : [1] 2

Docngolf
08-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Ok, a newbie question. I am about to seal my cars with Wolfgang or Blackfire. I have seen some remarks eluding to the fact that these sealants can be put on the windows. Is this correct? Should it be done? Sorry for the easy question, but appreciate the help.

00celica
08-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Absolutely! I put Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on both my front and rear windshields. Put it on thing and you'll be fine.

Docngolf
08-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks, I will give it a try. Is it easier to do by hand or with an orbital?

PA DETAILER
08-18-2011, 08:33 PM
or, you could go with aquapel. up to 6 months of protection.

Aquapel Glass Treatment, Rain Repellent, glass sealant, windshield protectant, Aqua-pel glass wipe (http://www.autogeek.net/rain-repellent.html)

rider9195
08-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I have used DGPS on my windows and it works great at beading water. Doesn't last as long as Auqapel though.

Jimmie
08-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Always do windows, and lens when I use Klasse AIO. I've only used WG DGPS one ap (on each car) to date, but did do windows.

tag4car
08-18-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm testing out wgdgSS spritz sealant on my front and colli 845 on the back, so far the 845 has developed holograms twice in a day.

ThirdgenTa
08-18-2011, 11:26 PM
while we are kind of on the topic I have a question of my own as well. If you use invisible glass to clean your windows, will it remove the sealent?

PA DETAILER
08-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm testing out wgdgSS spritz sealant on my front and colli 845 on the back, so far the 845 has developed holograms twice in a day.

i have used wgdgss on the glass. no issues. really made them sheet.

jfelbab
08-19-2011, 07:47 AM
I regularly use Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax from their detailer line, aka UQW, on the entire exterior of the vehicles I do, glass and trim included.

I use their Detailer line glass cleaner first to make sure the glass is clean and usually I use clay if it isn't glassy smooth. The sealant is a wowo and leaves the glass streak free and slick, like RainX. It seems to last several weeks. And, yes, it does appear to get removed by their glass cleaner.

CEE DOG
08-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Love the way those windows feel after sealing them!

Btw, you can also polish them first with a regular foam pad and regular paint polish like 105 or 205 to remove water spots.

00celica
08-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks, I will give it a try. Is it easier to do by hand or with an orbital?

I always apply by hand. Haven't had any issues with that process.

BillyJack
08-19-2011, 09:01 AM
This past December, when I was doing my winter wax job, I prepped all the side and rear glass with window cleaner and steel wool, then used the same Collinite 845 as the paint. Worked great! Ice and snow didn't stick as much and rarely was I unable to open a window when desired. Been using it ever since, all year 'round. I was still a Rain-X fan for the windshield, but just got some Aquapel to try.

Bill

mg6045
09-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I use Rejex on the windows. Its was designed to be used on glass as it leaves a crystal clear coating.

I have realized that products that dont specifically say to be used on glass on the bottle, dont say it for a reason. They will most of the time leave an oily film that will appear at some point after applying. Whether it be the same day , or a week later, it will usually show up.

Lately I have been actually using Optimum spray wax after DR.G recommended I use it for that purpose. Its another product that finish's up crystal clear and does not rear up an oily finish at any point.

I once used Blackfire wet diamond on all the windows and found it to be a big mistake as I was able to see the oils after my first carwash. I wound up stripping the windows with megs professional glass cleaner, then applied Diamondite sealant on them. That product also works really well.

PA DETAILER
09-03-2011, 11:52 AM
:xyxthumbs: yes sir. no problem with sealants on glass. but i switched over to AQUAPEL glass treatment. good for 6 months and easy to apply.