PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions about W-DGPS

NeverBuffEnuff
02-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I just purchased a bunch of stuff from AG and received it in the mail yesterday and I wanted to know how long do you leave the Wolfgang paint sealant on the car before you buff it off and how long does it need to cure before toping it with Souveran.

Thanks Brian

abrcrombe
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Let the sealant sit about 30-45 minutes before removing. Let it cure 12-24 hours for best results. Are you polishing before you add these?

NeverBuffEnuff
02-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Absolutely polishing before adding these (PWPE). This will be my first time using a sealant in years I have always been a carnuba junkie and have been using Souveran since the mid to late 90's I figured I will give it a shot after reading many good things about the product and sealants have improved greatly over the years, I hope. The combo of the two should yeild excellent results.

Brian

FloridaNative
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
The good thing about PBMA's sealants is that they cure in 12 hours instead of 24 which is nice. :)

{FzS}BlacKMagicK
02-13-2007, 02:29 AM
Suppose you use the Wolfgang (which I have and plan on using after polishing) and you've let it cure for 24 hrs, would it be ok to wash then wax with Souveran, or do you think that would remove some?

See the thing is, this is my daily driver, and currently don't have a garage to park it in, or a car cover, so either way in that time, it would be outside, getting the typical windblown dust on it, and I definitely don't want to apply Souveran over that. I was thinking maybe a detail spray to the whole car would be better than washing at that point.

On a seperate note, I also have a bottle of Klasse glaze sealant (which I bought to put on the weight plates of my gym, because I'm completely out of my mind, but guess which weight plates have not rusted to this day, I used it on two of three weight stacks, I have a Universal Centurion, and they are the only ones which haven't rusted, that was over a year and a half ago) would you bother putting this over the Wolfgang, or even before the Wolfgang? or would this just be overkill?

supercharged
02-13-2007, 10:26 AM
The good thing about PBMA's sealants is that they cure in 12 hours instead of 24 which is nice. :)
:iagree:
Post some pictures when done.

RTexasF
02-15-2007, 08:38 PM
From my own experience----let the Wolfgang sealant cure (after wipedown) then check it out in the sun. Providing the finish prep had been done prior to WG application you just might decide to leave it alone. After curing, in my opinion, it produces a marvelous depth, shine, clarity, and sparkle all on its own. If its not enough for you then go for the Souveran but scope it out first......it just might surprise you.

Nuke33
02-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Deff post pics when you are done :)

Whitethunder46
02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Suppose you use the Wolfgang (which I have and plan on using after polishing) and you've let it cure for 24 hrs, would it be ok to wash then wax with Souveran, or do you think that would remove some?

See the thing is, this is my daily driver, and currently don't have a garage to park it in, or a car cover, so either way in that time, it would be outside, getting the typical windblown dust on it, and I definitely don't want to apply Souveran over that. I was thinking maybe a detail spray to the whole car would be better than washing at that point.

On a seperate note, I also have a bottle of Klasse glaze sealant (which I bought to put on the weight plates of my gym, because I'm completely out of my mind, but guess which weight plates have not rusted to this day, I used it on two of three weight stacks, I have a Universal Centurion, and they are the only ones which haven't rusted, that was over a year and a half ago) would you bother putting this over the Wolfgang, or even before the Wolfgang? or would this just be overkill?

Spraying with a quick detail should be fine. If it's just sitting overnight outside, you definately don't need to wash it. In fact, spraying it with a nice carnauba spray wax like Pinnacle's new one, and then topping that with Souveran Paste would be vey nice I'd imagine. The spray carnauba wax would be acting some what like a glaze.

Remember that when your curing the sealant the point is to not get any water/liquid on the surface. So make sure you aren't going to have any dew on the vehicle's paint in the morning when your curing a sealant.

{FzS}BlacKMagicK
02-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Spraying with a quick detail should be fine. If it's just sitting overnight outside, you definately don't need to wash it. In fact, spraying it with a nice carnauba spray wax like Pinnacle's new one, and then topping that with Souveran Paste would be vey nice I'd imagine. The spray carnauba wax would be acting some what like a glaze.

Remember that when your curing the sealant the point is to not get any water/liquid on the surface. So make sure you aren't going to have any dew on the vehicle's paint in the morning when your curing a sealant.

That's a good idea, the spray wax, now I have another good reason for getting it, as I planned on getting it when I was all done with my polishing and sealing and waxing anyway as a good way to maintain between waxes.

Wow, I'm glad you mentioned the dew factor, I never even thought about it.
Chit, don't really know what I can do to prevent that, since right now in Florida, it's warm during the day, then drops alot at night and causes condensation to form. Maybe I should get a very light car cover, just to prevent the dew, I would think a heavy one might push the sealant around as your putting the cover on, if ya know what I'm trying to say. One of those light ones the auto parts stores like to sell might do the trick.

{FzS}BlacKMagicK
02-16-2007, 02:18 AM

That's a good idea, the spray wax, now I have another good reason for getting it, as I planned on getting it when I was all done with my polishing and sealing and waxing anyway as a good way to maintain between waxes.

Chit, don't really know what I can do to prevent that, since right now in Florida, it's warm during the day, then drops alot at night and causes condensation to form. Maybe I should get a very light car cover, just to prevent the dew, I would think a heavy one might push the sealant around as your putting it on, if ya know what I'm trying to say.

That or I stand guard all night with a leaf blower in hand...back off condensation...just back off!

Maybe put those double halogen lights, all around the car, neighbors would be scratching their heads..."What the...???" "Poor man has lost his mind." "Seen it before ya know...yep...yessiree, give ya five to one he found Autogeekonline.net"

Whitethunder46
02-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Chit, don't really know what I can do to prevent that, since right now in Florida, it's warm during the day, then drops alot at night and causes condensation to form. Maybe I should get a very light car cover, just to prevent the dew, I would think a heavy one might push the sealant around as your putting it on, if ya know what I'm trying to say.

That or I stand guard all night with a leaf blower in hand...back off condensation...just back off!

Maybe put those double halogen lights, all around the car, neighbors would be scratching their heads..."What the...???" "Poor man has lost his mind." "Seen it before ya know...yep...yessiree, give ya five to one he found Autogeekonline.net"

If you pay attention to the weather and find a hot, dry day coming up, take the extra effort and get up early to apply a sealant. Maybe polish the night before and then apply the sealant the next morning. Just use a decent cleaning QD w/ no carnauba to clean/prep the surface for the Sealant. If it's a hotter/dry day the sealant will cure in about 8 hours, so that should be pleanty of time before dew sets in. You can do it when it's semi-humid, but it will take more of a full 12 hours to cure then.

NeverBuffEnuff
03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
I finally did the Sealant and topped it with Souveran. Nothing like having the best of both worlds. The Wolfgang products are very user friendly with outstanding results. I really like this combo.

Can anyone recommend a very light swirl remover.

Brian

Whitethunder46
03-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I finally did the Sealant and topped it with Souveran. Nothing like having the best of both worlds. The Wolfgang products are very user friendly with outstanding results. I really like this combo.

Can anyone recommend a very light swirl remover.

Brian

XMT #1 is probably as light as you can get that's a pure polish.

gpdallam
06-22-2007, 06:19 AM
I am planning on claying, then applying DG 101 followed by DG 105 by hand, then the DGPS.

So, is there any reason to abandon the 101/105 combo in favor of PWPE?

GregFeed back please