PDA

View Full Version : Just curious, why they hate on the CCS pads vs the flat pads?

-Longhorn-
08-18-2011, 03:07 PM
The more I read the more I read about people hating the CCS pads. Ive been using them since their inception and have never had an issue with them. Can someone tell me what the benefit of switching to a flat pad might be or why the CCS pads are so disliked?

-Longhorn-

embolism
08-18-2011, 03:18 PM
I think the CCS pads are thicker than the 7/8 in flats and do not work well for polishes with diminishing abrasives like WG and Menz b/c small amounts get trapped in the pockets and it doesn't break down at the same rate...

that's the main reason for me b/c I use Menz polishes for my soft black paint

Rei86
08-18-2011, 03:19 PM
The way people talk about the issue is that the flat has more surface area that touches the paint. Because of that more product is left on the surface of the pad to do work.

With the hate for the ccs pads the pockets retain/hold product. Making out for uneven amount of pad face on the paint.

I haven't seen anyone show real proof on this so what works for you, works for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

05xrunner
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
i hate them because the dimples hold the product in there and get stuck and cleaning them is much more of a pain in the ass vs the flat.

-Longhorn-
08-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I think the CCS pads are thicker than the 7/8 in flats and do not work well for polishes with diminishing abrasives like WG and Menz b/c small amounts get trapped in the pockets and it doesn't break down at the same rate...

that's the main reason for me b/c I use Menz polishes for my soft black paintThank you for the input I appreciate that and had never considered the breaking down of the polishes before. My only complaint is that they are a b!tch to clean due to the compounds getting stuck in the pockets.

-Longhorn-
08-18-2011, 03:38 PM
i hate them because the dimples hold the product in there and get stuck and cleaning them is much more of a pain in the ass vs the flat.This I will agree with. I'd like to justify buying a few to try out but we are getting to the end of detailing season here in MN and not sure I want to dump out another $100 to AG.

Rav777
08-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Glad you brought this up! I was wondering the same thing as well. I bought some flat pads today and I will see how I like them.

Lake Country Constant Pressure Technology 5.5 Inch Flat Pads, foam pads, buffing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/constant-pressure-flat-5-5-pads.html)

-Longhorn-
08-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Glad you brought this up! I was wondering the same thing as well. I bought some flat pads today and I will see how I like them.

Lake Country Constant Pressure Technology 5.5 Inch Flat Pads, foam pads, buffing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/constant-pressure-flat-5-5-pads.html)Please PM me and let me know your thoughts once you use them.

Rav777
08-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Please PM me and let me know your thoughts once you use them.

Will do man. Yeah I ordered two yellow and two orange and I have some full corrections coming up soon to try them on. I told myself I wouldnt order anymore stuff, but...you know how that goes.