PDA

View Full Version : Difference between motorcycle and car wax

ltoman
02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Hi,
I also wanted to know what the difference was between motorcycle wax and car wax. ?????

I ordered the PS100, because I did not want to spend the $$ on the PS21Concours . . . I had no clue that it was motorcycle wax till I got it. SHould I keep it?

Input appreciated!!

Feed back please Feed back please

ScottB
02-01-2007, 02:53 PM
exact same product, different name. S100 and P21S are same line on geared to bikers the other to car enthusiats.

Heres one you wont find anymore:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Corvette_Parts.jpg

ltoman
02-01-2007, 03:07 PM
exact same product, different name. S100 and P21S are same line on geared to bikers the other to car enthusiats.

Heres one you wont find anymore:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Corvette_Parts.jpgNever even saw that one.
Ok, so same product repackaged with the s100. What do you think of it as a wax? Is it white or yellow carnuba, and which is better?

ScottB
02-01-2007, 03:24 PM
P21S uses yellow premium grade brazilian carnauba and alot of montan and beeswax. (does nothing for car or protection, but beads like crazy). Its as good as Natty Blue, but I gave mine away as was no Pinnacle SS, PG, or Sov.

White carnauba is said to truly be bleached yellow carnauba. As such it is less likely to stain trim, and yellow over time on cars.

Brown carnauba wax
The most common carnauba color, brown carnauba exudes the properties of carnauba wax but is harder to refine and work with than lighter colors.
Yellow carnauba wax
Yellow carnauba is a rare wax produced only under optimum conditions. The best wax in this class, yellow #1 carnauba, helped earn the nickname "the queen of waxes" for all carnauba. This is the purest, most valued carnauba wax produced naturally.
White carnauba wax
Pale carnauba wax that's lighter than yellow #1 carnauba is only produced synthetically. This includes the rarest of all carnauba wax—pure white. This super-refined white carnauba is wax at its purest form, creating the deepest possible shine and improved ease of use. (as posted on Auto Anything)

ltoman
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Many thanks!! That is just the info I wanted!!
laurenIm the MAN :awesome: :)