PDA

View Full Version : P21S Polishing Soap?

WRAPT C5Z06
08-17-2011, 01:43 AM
The directions say to wet the sponge, squeeze it, then rub against the soap. I tried it that way, and didn't feel it lathered enough after I massaged the sponge. Instead, I soaked with water, then without squeezing, I rubbed it against the soap, then massaged the sponge. It lathered much better this way. I just want to make sure I'm not diluting it too much?

How effective is this in removing oxidation/corrosion? Anything close to a traditional metal polish?

Thanks.

bmwgeek
08-17-2011, 01:54 AM
I use mine the first method you described and it lathers nicely. I have both Optimum Metal Polish the new version and P21s and I prefer P21s. They both do the job but P21s doesn't turn black, and no oily residue. The sponge rinses clean easily as well so I prefer P21s.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-17-2011, 01:55 AM
I use mine the first method you described and it latheres nicely. I have both Optimum Metal Polish the new version and P21s and I prefer P21s. They both do the job but P21s doesn't turn black, and no oily residue. The sponge rinses clean easily as well so I prefer P21s.
P21S seems much easier and quicker to use than a traditional metal polish. I've just lathered a bit in my hands, haven't tried it on any metal yet.

Thanks. :dblthumb2:

PAR Detailing
08-17-2011, 06:19 AM
I have used it on a few bikes that has some water spotting on the chrome and just all around minor dullness. It cleaned it right up and made quick work out of it too. Both owners were amazed with their bikes when I was finished. I was able to wash a bike using the polishing soap, dry it, seal the paint, and dress the leather trim w/ UIGP all in about 2 hrs. But as far as method one or two you just said, I just used enough water to get it to lather up nicely and went from there.

TLMitchell
08-17-2011, 07:41 AM
The directions say to wet the sponge, squeeze it, then rub against the soap. I tried it that way, and didn't feel it lathered enough after I massaged the sponge. Instead, I soaked with water, then without squeezing, I rubbed it against the soap, then massaged the sponge. It lathered much better this way. I just want to make sure I'm not diluting it too much?

Less lather is better, you can see what's happening while you work it.

How effective is this in removing oxidation/corrosion? Anything close to a traditional metal polish?

Good as any, better than some. I tried it primarily for motorcycle rear wheels that not only dull and oxidize but have rubber and brake dust imbedded that'll etch into unpolished aluminum if you leave it. Works better for that application than anything else I've ever tried. For the really tough jobs application with a hunk of Magic Eraser works excellent. For a higher gloss and a bit of protection a followup with Opt Metal Polish is primo. :xyxthumbs:

P21S seems much easier and quicker to use than a traditional metal polish. I've just lathered a bit in my hands, haven't tried it on any metal yet.

Kinda tough to judge a metal polish using it on yer mitts, ain't it?

FWIW, S100 polishing soap is indistinguishable from the P21S and considerably cheaper.

TL

Garry Dean
08-17-2011, 07:54 AM
I use it sometimes. It's good stuff.

Audi X2
08-17-2011, 08:01 AM
I use the P21s polishing soap frequently on the tail pipe ends when washing my car.
It is very quick and nice as you just rinse off with no wiping required.
looks great with no mess and looks like it will last a long time.

ScottB
08-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I dont really consider it a metal polish, but more like a metal cleaner and tarnish remover. I love it on my uncoated Iforged Wheels to remove any tarnish quickly. But .. I still find a metal polish to bring back the bling-bling is needed too.

FUNX650
08-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Kinda tough to judge a metal polish using it on yer mitts, ain't it?

Very funny! LOL

I've found it works great for the metal plates in my head, though.

FWIW, S100 polishing soap is indistinguishable from the P21S and considerably cheaper.

TL

Good advice. I always substitute the S100 series products for the P21S' for that very reason. It's the same products as far as I'm concerned.

Mark...you'll really like either one!

Bob